Traction ON or OFF?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Traction ON or OFF? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello All: The dash light on my 97 has always been on when the ignition is on. When I push ...
    libbysman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 catera/03 CTS

Traction ON or OFF?

Hello All: The dash light on my 97 has always been on when the ignition is on. When I push the button the light remains on. Would this indicate a faulty switch or something more macabre? Regards, Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Re: Traction ON or OFF?

Is this the only light that remains on? When the light is on it indicates TCS is turned off. It comes on automatically on every startup, so not a faulty switch. Sounds like another issue. Is the ABS light on as well?

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by libbysman View Post
    Hello All: The dash light on my 97 has always been on when the ignition is on. When I push the button the light remains on. Would this indicate a faulty switch or something more macabre? Regards, Brian
    I would say faulty switch from the description.

Cheers.

I would say faulty switch from the description.

Is the TCS on or the TCS warning light?

Cheers.

PS: I suppose you don't need TCS in Vancouver (icy roads, slush, bald tires, etc.) unless you visit where such conditions pervail. Cheers.

ccatera10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

i have a tc button but i have no idea what it does, i press it and it seems to do nothing, feels like it does not even click or anything, no damage to it either

Hello all, no there are no other lights on that shouldn't be. The dash lights like a Christmas treee when I turn on the ignition, but they one by one go out. I do however have the same feeling as ccatera10 in that the switch doesn't seem to have any mechanical feel when I press it in, like nothing happens. I think the majority are probably correct in deeming the switch as the culprit.
    I'll get another switch and go from there. Thanks for thecomebacks, much appreciated. Regards, Brian

Hey usedcat, you would usually be correct, except that we are being warned by many meteorologists that this winter is going to make us pay for the previous mild ones. Lanina or elneno, not sure which, is going the be worse than the last 55 winters. I hope they are wrong though, sorta, I'm having 2 new Michelin snows put on the front to match the ones I put on the rear last year. You watch, no snow at all. lol
    Regards, Brian

Hey usedcat, you would usually be correct, except that we are being warned by many meteorologists that this winter is going to make us pay for the previous mild ones. Lanina or elneno, not sure which, is going the be worse than the last 55 winters. I hope they are wrong though, sorta, I'm having 2 new Michelin snows put on the front to match the ones I put on the rear last year. You watch, no snow at all. lol
    Regards, Brian
    Safety first Eh.

I did remember your post and checked my TCS switch this morning. It is harly a pressure switch and appears to be just light touch push on and light touch push off. No noticeable click or catching in depressed position. I have not taken one of these out so don't know how easy or difficult it will be to replace. Vauxhall Opel Omega listings on the eBay UK site perhaps can get you a used one pretty cheap. Good sellers and folks out there.

Good luck.

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

The switch is very easy to pull, trick is not scratching anything else in the process. All you need is a flat tool. I just use a small flathead.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.