01 Catera Sport Exhaust Sound Clip...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 01 Catera Sport Exhaust Sound Clip... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...well decided to shoot a quick video to show the sound of my exhaust... I have a feeling that I ...
    CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Red face 01 Catera Sport Exhaust Sound Clip...

...well decided to shoot a quick video to show the sound of my exhaust...

I have a feeling that I will be replacing the mid section soon with slightly different style of muffler but here you can see how loud the flow techs got after 2 years and 50,000mi of abusive driving... long highway trips, and lots of heat.... the fiberglass inside is nearly gone...

Let me know what you think...

THe upgraded exhaust will have an X pipe and two cherry bomb straight through mufflers...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Re: 01 Catera Sport Exhaust Sound Clip...

Does that mean you're replacing the rear Steinmetz muffler? Sure hope not. Looking forward to seeing how the project turns out. I'm guessing you're just talking about the resonator area? Been thinking of replacing mine as well and taking out my catalytic converters. One thing about Indiana, no emission or smog checks!

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by AHazzardToAll View Post
    Does that mean you're replacing the rear Steinmetz muffler? Sure hope not. Looking forward to seeing how the project turns out. I'm guessing you're just talking about the resonator area? Been thinking of replacing mine as well and taking out my catalytic converters. One thing about Indiana, no emission or smog checks!
    The rearmost black box is a resonator. The mufflers are the 2 gray boxes ahead of the rear axles. Not to sound too green but why can the cats? They're not that restrictive and help clean the air to boot. Plus they'll maybe throw some codes if missing. Why bother?

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by elvin315 View Post
    The rearmost black box is a resonator. The mufflers are the 2 gray boxes ahead of the rear axles. Not to sound too green but why can the cats? They're not that restrictive and help clean the air to boot. Plus they'll maybe throw some codes if missing. Why bother?
    Ahhh, had these backwards. Too much time around bike I guess. I'm told the cats become extremely restrictive after so many miles on them. Tossing them would be a lot cheaper than getting high flow cats, and the CEL issue can be fixed with resistors in the o2 wires. This is all just info I've gathered from my buddies, but most of them have been around cars most their lives, and know much more than me. As far as cleaner air, our cars are so low on an emissions scale it's a joke for government (not to get political) to even look towards them for emission standards. Anything to free up an extra few buried HP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.