Locked Antitheft Active Locked
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Locked Antitheft Active Locked in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had to replace my Bose stereo head because the cd player did not work. I replaced the stereo with ...
    mpflanaganjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

Locked Antitheft Active Locked

I had to replace my Bose stereo head because the cd player did not work. I replaced the stereo with an O.E. Bose system that I got from a salvage yard. But when I replaced it, it locked how do I get it unlocked w/o being raped by the dealership?

My second issue is the fuel door and truck release. They do not work. I was told it was shorted out switches so I replaced them. The problem was not resolved.

Please throw a dawg a bone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Re: Locked Antitheft Active Locked

Quote Originally Posted by mpflanaganjr View Post
    I had to replace my Bose stereo head because the cd player did not work. I replaced the stereo with an O.E. Bose system that I got from a salvage yard. But when I replaced it, it locked how do I get it unlocked w/o being raped by the dealership?

My second issue is the fuel door and truck release. They do not work. I was told it was shorted out switches so I replaced them. The problem was not resolved.

Please throw a dawg a bone!
    For the Bose radio I have not done it myself and have not heard of a 0$ solutions. I don't know if the following may be of help,

http://www.radio-code.com/GM-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm

For the second issue for fuel door and trunk, it is controlled by the Body Control Module. It is an electronic assembly located behind and to the left of the fuse cluster under the steering. This needs to be taken out and the solder joints on the printed circuit board need to be redone. The following two posts have all you need to do,

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-working.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...light-fix.html

As precursor to this you may want to check the appropriate fuses as well by checking the use manual.

Good luck

Okay, I have a few questions. First I went to the one site and they do not show my stereo I am working with. Second they claim not to be able to provide codes for RDS equiped radios which mine is.

The next question is both confirmation and inquisition. The solder points that need to be re-done are in the body control module? if they are when I unplug this from the harness, I am going to need to go to the dealership to have themm flash it, or do I follow the relearn sequence of turning the key to the on position till the car recycles a few times?

I was also wondering, I still have my old stereo, can I take take the cd player out of the new one and put it in the old one? How do I find the codes? I tried holding the 2 & 3 button for 10 sec, nothing; switched to the 1 & 4, still nothing (and yes I turned the ignition off in between attempts). Is there something different with the Bose stereo?

Okay, I have a few questions. First I went to the one site and they do not show my stereo I am working with. Second they claim not to be able to provide codes for RDS equiped radios which mine is.

The next question is both confirmation and inquisition. The solder points that need to be re-done are in the body control module? if they are when I unplug this from the harness, I am going to need to go to the dealership to have themm flash it, or do I follow the relearn sequence of turning the key to the on position till the car recycles a few times?

I was also wondering, I still have my old stereo, can I take take the cd player out of the new one and put it in the old one? How do I find the codes? I tried holding the 2 & 3 button for 10 sec, nothing; switched to the 1 & 4, still nothing (and yes I turned the ignition off in between attempts). Is there something different with the Bose stereo?
    I can only talk about the following,

"..... The solder points that need to be re-done are in the body control module? (Yes), if they are when I unplug this from the harness, I am going to need to go to the dealership (No) to have themm flash it, or do I follow the relearn sequence of turning the key to the on position till the car recycles a few times (Yes but there is very little to learn it is just timers and basic controls with little or no memory or processor units on the board)? "

As far as the radio I don't know much about the Electronics of the two Radios to suggest anything. I don't know if you have the VIN information of the vehicle that the Bose CD unit came out of and if that will get you better help. May be someone else will chime in.

Good luck.

Thank you so much. one more question though does anyone of the wiring diagram for the trunk and fuel door release from the BCM to the switches? We have found that there is no constant power to the switches, we did find one pinched wire (coating was broken) and fixed that but we do not want to just poke around and mess something else up.

From what I have read so far I should be experiencing other issues (such as running lights and fog light issues) but I am not all other systems are fine.

I have decided after opening up the stereo that was orginally in my car to just go to the dealership to have them unlock the new one. Someone did a real hachet job inside of the original one (thinking thats why it was not working) and yes the salvage yard gave me a reciept and the vin of the car they took it out of (marshallsautoparts.com).

So if anyone has that wiring diagram I think we will have this issue licked in no time at all.......again thank you

Thank you so much. one more question though does anyone of the wiring diagram for the trunk and fuel door release from the BCM to the switches? We have found that there is no constant power to the switches, we did find one pinched wire (coating was broken) and fixed that but we do not want to just poke around and mess something else up.

From what I have read so far I should be experiencing other issues (such as running lights and fog light issues) but I am not all other systems are fine.

I have decided after opening up the stereo that was orginally in my car to just go to the dealership to have them unlock the new one. Someone did a real hachet job inside of the original one (thinking thats why it was not working) and yes the salvage yard gave me a reciept and the vin of the car they took it out of (marshallsautoparts.com).

So if anyone has that wiring diagram I think we will have this issue licked in no time at all.......again thank you
    The BCM controls many Body functions and the wiring will be all over the car and in many different harnesses. Believe it or not, I will tend to agree with you in terms of trying to follow wiring/connectors, but in this case it has worked for far too many people to just re-solder the few solder points at the back of the BCM PCB that it perhaps is worth trying first.

Actually getting to the BCM is little pain under the steering area but beyond that it is simple.

Before you put everything together after re-soldering the BCM PCB, test the functions and if everything good, then re-install it where you take it out from.

Regards.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.