1999 Catera TC ABS and speedo not working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 1999 Catera TC ABS and speedo not working in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I have a 1999 Catera. The speedometer has stopped working, and also the ABS light, and TC light are ...
    mrkap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

1999 Catera TC ABS and speedo not working

Hi, I have a 1999 Catera. The speedometer has stopped working, and also the ABS light, and TC light are on. On occasion everything works but most of the time I am having this problem. Any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks
    Peter

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kodan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega Caravan 2.6 V6 Onyx | 2002 | Automaat | Irmscher.

Re: 1999 Catera TC ABS and speedo not working

The problem is the ABS/TC ecu or one of the abs sensors that are located near the differential.
    There could be a problem with the plug that is connected to the abs ecu or the connectors of the rear abs sensors.
    The best thing is go to your dealer and check with the Tech2 if there is a DTC from the ABS/TC ecu.

Peter

thanks, Now is the TC, ABS ecu also called the BCM. I also read about the K134 relay, any merit to that?

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by mrkap View Post
    thanks, Now is the TC, ABS ecu also called the BCU. I also read about the K134 relay, any merit to that?
    I don't know about a BCU model but there is a BCM module. The BCM module or relay K134 is a multifunction electronic assembly which controls functions like radio, auxilliary water pump, trunk and gas lids remote opening, etc. It does not have anything to do with brakes from what I know unless its inputs are used for some interlock functions like you cannot open doors electronically in a moving car, etc.

Cheers.

Thanks all for the input. I will check my ABS sensors. I got the car washed and everything started working. but after driving for a bit its acting up again Intermitently.
    Thanks
    Peter

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8

More than likely,the EBCM is at fault.It is mounted to the BPMV on the L/F behind the battery. It's pretty pricey too.

dadenkern is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera

The failed component is likely the EBTCM. I just recently pulled it from my 2001, sent it to ModuleMaster.com, they repaired the unit and after installing the speedometer and ABS work great.

$160 +shipping

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/Cadillac/Catera_info.php

Thanks everyone for the help. It did end up being the ABS module. Got a used one online at a for 100 plus shipping. fixed up all the problems.

Thanks again,

Peter out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.