97 Cat with Intermittent Cruise control and Fog lamps.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 97 Cat with Intermittent Cruise control and Fog lamps. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have been having intermittent problems with both my cruise control and fog lamps. Sometimes they work when I hit ...
    drakenhol is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

97 Cat with Intermittent Cruise control and Fog lamps.

I have been having intermittent problems with both my cruise control and fog lamps. Sometimes they work when I hit the switch, the next time they won't.

I have a 1997 Cat. Is there a particular area I should start with to see what may be causing the problem?

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Re: 97 Cat with Intermittent Cruise control and Fog lamps.

Fog lights only work pith parking lamps on headlights on, just to throw that out. Otherwise do a search for "fog light fix." It goes over fixing the multifunction module, a common problem with our cats. Your cruise may also tie into the module, not sure. If not there are two switches that attach right behind the brake petal. Both could cause your symptoms. One is the cruise control switch, the other is the brake light switch. You ever have any problems with your break lights?

drakenhol is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

When my brother drove the cat once, I could have sorn that hte brake lights flickered a bit. I have been thinking of replacing the brake switch. Didn't realize about the second switch (cruise). As for the multifunction module, I am assuming that can be pretty pricey?

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by drakenhol View Post
    When my brother drove the cat once, I could have sorn that hte brake lights flickered a bit. I have been thinking of replacing the brake switch. Didn't realize about the second switch (cruise). As for the multifunction module, I am assuming that can be pretty pricey?
    I would go ahead and swap out the brake light switch then. It is the common one to go out. You can also fix the module yourself.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nt-catera.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...light-fix.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.