3.2l motor swap - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 3.2l motor swap in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Everything. Especially the steps you take to make the drive by wire/cable throttle conversion ....
    elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: 3.2l motor swap

Everything. Especially the steps you take to make the drive by wire/cable throttle conversion.

z28hellrazer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

Didnt end up converting to the newer throttle body, going with the origial because i need the car on the road by november. I have a paper due tomorrow and im waiting o the plenum gasket set. Tomorrow night after class Ill take some pics of my progress

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

I'd be willing to pick up those intake parts to get them out of your way.

Id want to sell them as a set, how much would you be willng to pay

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by z28hellrazer View Post
    Id want to sell them as a set, how much would you be willng to pay
    Perhaps good idea to take a picture of the components/package and let people know what you would like to get for these. Perhaps other forum members may also be interested.

Good luck with your project.

Ok gentleman, heres my update. So far all the information that can be obtained through researching this forum about this swap is true. The only gigantic recomendation I can stress is take the trans out with the motor I have to do it anyway to swap my trans pan gasket but the reason being is I have a lift in my garage and with the trans out of the way it will make it a hell of a lot easier to reconnect everything in back of the motor. I had some traffic come through the garage so I had to take my car out for a few days but the 3.2L has been built I decided to stick with the cts runners and injectors mainy because they look exactly the same so i figured why buy new gaskets Ill get it tuned if its a must. Pictures will be posted tomorrow as promised in the first post now that the motor is built.

I have parts off the cts if anyone is interested PM me. (Plenum with throttle body and electric throttle, Runners with injectors, Manifold 150$ takes it all). I have the coil over packs with valve covers, the oil pan and the power steering fluid resevoir. Make offers

Im so tired I forgot the main part of the info here. Everything literally swaps from one motor to the other. I seen in one post this swap couldnt be done in your drive way with craftsman tools by a autozone grease monkey FALSE this swap is almost as easy as it was to swap a 350 into my 305 TPI Iroc camaro. Its common sense If you do your homework and you are even remotely mechanically inclined It could have been done in a weeks time. Ive just been lazy and wanted to do it right so I waited until I obtained all the gaskets and im a bargain shopper not to mention I snapped a bolt off in the head because I was too lazy to drag out the old torgue wrench. THANK YOU Usedcat for the torque specs SAVED MY LIFE btw im a 22 year old college student going to school to be a lawyer...if i can do it ... you can

So it looks like my motor mounts are broke and at almost 400 bucks im not gonna buy em. Im gonna chain em...old farmers trick. See what happens hahaha. cant be any worse then driving around with em broke like i was when the motor blew

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

I would say keep the CTS injectors and fuel pressure regulator...

Those parts alone will provide 60psi instead of 47psi fuel pressure and a nicer spray patter compared to the worn out 3.0s... and with those you will likely feel the true power of the motor..
    See if you can addapt the CTS MAF sensor to the current one as well.

I am running compleetly ported and polished intake manifold with 3.2L injectors and FPR, and I can tell the motor smothed out the power quite a bit... and continues to pull all the way to 7000rpm where as before it dropped at a little after 6000...
    How i got the car in the redline... shifted in the 2nd gear and left it there... the RPMs will keep climbing and the trans wont upshit go figure... but I konw the car pulls very hard at those levels..

Also I run 5W40 winter and 15W40 summer oils... sometimes i mix the two as well to get some frankenstein mixture...

WGoins88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera

Quote Originally Posted by z28hellrazer View Post
    So it looks like my motor mounts are broke and at almost 400 bucks im not gonna buy em.
    I take it you looked at the dealer?

Buy these... they are just as good... Lemforder is a good UK brand.

Left and right are identical, so you need 2 of the second one on the list.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,5552

Thank you gentleman

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.