what does the cd changer harness look like?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, what does the cd changer harness look like? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all! I have a 1997 Catera without the cd changer. I am looking at the ipod units that connect ...
    drakenhol is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

what does the cd changer harness look like?

Hi all! I have a 1997 Catera without the cd changer. I am looking at the ipod units that connect to the cd changer wiring harness. However, I have looked in the trunk and all i see is a 6 / 4 split female connector with double row of 10 pin each. is this the prewired connector?

does anyone have pictures of the harness or what it connects too? The stereo I have is a bose am/fm/cassette.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

should say too that I am looking at this because I would like to hook up my iPod. Some of the auxillary boxes out there say that you have to have the wiring for the cd changer in order to hook the unit up. Also read that Cat's were prewired if you had a bose... Not entirely sure if that is true or not! The replacement GM part for wiring is #12484910. Unable to see what that looks like either. Even the dealer does not have pictures.

Hope someone can help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z28hellrazer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

Re: what does the cd changer harness look like?

i have a 98 catera and for s's and giggles I looked into this aswell. I also have bose and my research shows that the bose cd changer was mounted in the right hand side of the trunk as soon as you open the trunk lid. The connector you have seen is in fact the prewired amp hook up I cannot tell you much more than that. I only recently purchased my catera and although im an audio man, the replacement motor is more important at this time.

Thanks Hellrazer! Much appreciated. Now I can at least look at those auxillary boxes so I can add the iPod. Btw, good luck with the replacement motor. I have seen some new and used ones on the net, plus somebody posted here the possibility of using one of the 3.2l cts engines.

Best of luck!

Sorry, had to repost, pre-wired amp hook up? Not the optional CD hookup? Wonder if I am prewired for the cd hookup at all...

a good way to tell would be to check the owners manual for how to use the cd changer via the factory bose headunit and see if your bose head unit has the buttons for the funtion.

and thanks im hoping it goes smoothly like everyone else has said theirs was only im going to post pictures for the proof.

I checked the manual and it shows the exact same thing i have. Bose with cassette, a source button that changes from cassette to cd changer. apparently there are no auxiallry connections on the back of these bose head units. I think the CD changer is wired in through the harness to the back of the head unit.

so the info I had found said if the vehicle has been pre-wired it woudl be located in the compartment at the right rear of the vehicle behind the section with the 2 clips. That is where I found the female end of a connector with a 6 / 4 split total is 2 rows with 10 pin ports. Was curious if this was the connection for the CD changer or if the cable gm part no#12484910 connects into that. If not does it connect directly to the head unit?

So far I am batting a poor average. Tried GM and several parts places and they either don't have a cable or a picture of one so I know. Can't even find pictures on the internet for it. I will post what connection I do have so you can see it.

Here is a picture of the connector that is in the rear of my catera. It is located behind the panel with the two clips just forward of the tail lights.
    97cat.jpg

Hopefully this is the actual pre-wired connection to attach the optional cd changer. I have my doubts though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.