This 3 inch tail light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, This 3 inch tail light in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; HEY THE 3 OR SO INCH TAIL LIGHT THAT GOES ALL THE WAY ACCROSS THE TRUNK DOOR????THE RIGHT HALF Of ...
    blanny431 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 catera

This 3 inch tail light

HEY THE 3 OR SO INCH TAIL LIGHT THAT GOES ALL THE WAY ACCROSS THE TRUNK DOOR????THE RIGHT HALF Of MINE IS OUT!!! I LOOKED UNDER THERE AND IT LOOKS LIKE A HELL OF A THING JUST TO LOOK AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY BULBS THERE...BUT FOR SOME REASON I DONT THINK T HERE ARE BULB S IN THERE IT KIND OF L,OOKS LIKE A SOLID LIGHT (led) IM NOT SURE THOUGH? CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO BUY THE WHOLE LIGHT OR IS IT P[OSSIBLE TO FIX ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER? THANKS KEVIN...OH BY THE WAY..THAT CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR FIXED MY CAR!! I CANT BELIEVE THAT DOESNT EVEN SHOW UP ON THE COMPUTER? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT...MY MECH. DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO,I JUST CAME ON THIS FORUM AND ASKED ELVIN AND HE TOLD ME EVEN WHERE TO BUY ONE IT WAS HERE IN 3 DAYS AND THE MECH. PUT IT IN FOR 87 BUCKS...RUNS LIKE A CHAMP.. THANKS ELVIN

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JRomano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Catera

Re: This 3 inch tail light

please stop shouting, the 3rd brake light is LED and not serviceable unless you are well versed in circuitry, it would probably be easier to find a used one than fix the broken one

what do you mean stop shouting??? I just asked a question?

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by blanny431 View Post
    what do you mean stop shouting??? I just asked a question?
    On Bulletin Boards and forums, all CAPITALS typing is considered shouting

get a life!!

1sontov is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 catera

lol typing in all CAPS is shouting!

Quote Originally Posted by 1sontov View Post
    lol typing in all CAPS is shouting!
    Remember kids rule the internet

what a bunch of idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all I want is to know the answer to a simple question and you have all this extra time to write this junk!!~!! wow...dont you have a job? or friends or family to keep your simple mind occupied!!~!this site is for automotive questions and answers...take you kindergarten minds and find another play toy where you dont interact with decent grown-ups!!!!! or like I said before get a life!~!or a friend or a job!!! freak!!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

what a bunch of idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all I want is to know the answer to a simple question and you have all this extra time to write this junk!!~!! wow...dont you have a job? or friends or family to keep your simple mind occupied!!~!this site is for automotive questions and answers...take you kindergarten minds and find another play toy where you dont interact with decent grown-ups!!!!! or like I said before get a life!~!or a friend or a job!!! freak!!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Well that's surely the best way to gain information from the masses. Do you write literature on people skills? I would be interested in reading it.

HEY THE 3 OR SO INCH TAIL LIGHT THAT GOES ALL THE WAY ACCROSS THE TRUNK DOOR????THE RIGHT HALF Of MINE IS OUT!!! I LOOKED UNDER THERE AND IT LOOKS LIKE A HELL OF A THING JUST TO LOOK AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY BULBS THERE...BUT FOR SOME REASON I DONT THINK T HERE ARE BULB S IN THERE IT KIND OF L,OOKS LIKE A SOLID LIGHT (led) IM NOT SURE THOUGH? CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO BUY THE WHOLE LIGHT OR IS IT P[OSSIBLE TO FIX ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER? THANKS KEVIN...OH BY THE WAY..THAT CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR FIXED MY CAR!! I CANT BELIEVE THAT DOESNT EVEN SHOW UP ON THE COMPUTER? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT...MY MECH. DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO,I JUST CAME ON THIS FORUM AND ASKED ELVIN AND HE TOLD ME EVEN WHERE TO BUY ONE IT WAS HERE IN 3 DAYS AND THE MECH. PUT IT IN FOR 87 BUCKS...RUNS LIKE A CHAMP.. THANKS ELVIN
    blanny431 if you are still looking for an answer, which of the part number are you looking for,

I took it from the following at Compnine,

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...02&grouptype=B

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...Q5fAccessories
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-99...Q5fAccessories

Cheers.

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

It is online/forum etiquette. He simply was trying to make you aware of it. He also answered your question, so instead of insulting us and calling us freaks you could just say "Oh, ok, thank you. I was not aware of that." We do have lives, jobs, school and such, but we do try to take some time to come to the forums, discuss with each other about our cars, and answer questions people (such as yourself) may have.

On another note, you may want to search for a used one. Car-Parts.com is a good place to search local yards.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

and some more food for thought
    Quote Originally Posted by noahsdad View Post
    I've been reading and contributing to this forum off and on for 5 years. There have been times when it's been terse and cold, and a couple of questions I had went unanswered, but overall the information gleaned here has made up for it many times over.
    It's important to remember that many of the gurus here are current or ex-Cadillac technicians, and most have spent the day having their @ss chewed by a grumpy service manager, dealing with whining customers, working against a rate clock, cracking knuckles on cold steel, getting gas and oil dripped in the face, etc. They give of their expertise here without compensation, other than our respect and appreciation. One thing they don't want to do is have their time wasted, or write the same response to the same question day after day. It's a brand new problem to you. To them, it may be the hundredth time they've heard it this week.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.