1999 catera windshield wiper washer fluid light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 1999 catera windshield wiper washer fluid light in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, well I have had such good luck with you folks helping me out I thought I would try the ...
    blanny431 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 catera

1999 catera windshield wiper washer fluid light

Hi, well I have had such good luck with you folks helping me out I thought I would try the last thing that I have to take care of..on the dash there is a winshield washer fluid(water) lamp that stays on. I went to fill it up hoping it would turn the light off but the water just went straight to the ground through a little hose..I know it isnt that big of a deal but after you fellas helping me out with that EBTCM module and then the other day Elvin helped me out with the crankshaft position sensor and both of these were the correct fixes I just thought someone would say "ya I had that same thing happen to my rig" and tell me what I need to do....thanks very much for your time. a Also, that Elvin fella knows what he is talkin about...I dont know if he is a retired mechanic or what but he sure knows cateras..............Kevin Blanchard

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Re: 1999 catera windshield wiper washer fluid light

Quote Originally Posted by blanny431 View Post
    Hi, well I have had such good luck with you folks helping me out I thought I would try the last thing that I have to take care of..on the dash there is a winshield washer fluid(water) lamp that stays on. I went to fill it up hoping it would turn the light off but the water just went straight to the ground through a little hose..I know it isnt that big of a deal but after you fellas helping me out with that EBTCM module and then the other day Elvin helped me out with the crankshaft position sensor and both of these were the correct fixes I just thought someone would say "ya I had that same thing happen to my rig" and tell me what I need to do....thanks very much for your time. a Also, that Elvin fella knows what he is talkin about...I dont know if he is a retired mechanic or what but he sure knows cateras..............Kevin Blanchard
    The following shows the windshield tank and sensor assembly,

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...10&grouptype=B

I believe there must be a loose fitting around the filling tank and specially parts around 16 which is a switch that will set the low windshield washer light.

Cheers.

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Sounds like something loose somewhere, make sure the washer fluid pump is securely installed as well.

what do you mean specially around parts 16??? I have no idea what that means...hey while I have ya here ..ya know the long 3inch or so tail light that goes all along the trunk door??the right half of mine is out....is this something I can fix or so I have to get a whole new light??? Heck I looked at it and I cant even figure out how to look at it to see what to replace?????please let me know ..now that its getting dark earlier I have to use my parking light s and headlights and that looks like hell!!! thanks I'll be waiting for y our reply...Kev

where is the washer fluid pump? also when I try to fill this thing it just goes straight through to this little hose right to the street???????????????????????? ev

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by blanny431 View Post
    what do you mean specially around parts 16??? I have no idea what that means...hey while I have ya here ..ya know the long 3inch or so tail light that goes all along the trunk door??the right half of mine is out....is this something I can fix or so I have to get a whole new light??? Heck I looked at it and I cant even figure out how to look at it to see what to replace?????please let me know ..now that its getting dark earlier I have to use my parking light s and headlights and that looks like hell!!! thanks I'll be waiting for y our reply...Kev

It is in the URL that was stated.

The rear light is bunch of LEDs and lots on sale on eBay I believe. Check it out.

Cheers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.