brake light switch too short when installed in 1999 catera
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, brake light switch too short when installed in 1999 catera in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; anyone else have this problem? i replaced the brake light switch with a new one from napa and the switch ...
    andyr0cks01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

brake light switch too short when installed in 1999 catera

anyone else have this problem? i replaced the brake light switch with a new one from napa and the switch is not being pressed on by the brake pad bar. it cannot be pushed into the bracket that holds it anymore then it is...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

Re: brake light switch too short when installed in 1999 catera

get a flashlight and look all the way up on the brake pedal bracket. You'll see the yellowish plastic rod coming out of the switch. It automatically adjusts to the brake pedal when it hits the rod. Depress your brake pedal, take a flathead screwdriver and easily pry on the rounded part of the rod. This will extend the rod out so when the brake is released it will hit the brake pedal.

I recently had to do the same thing because my brake lights were not working. Pretty easy to do and understand. If you have any questions reply back on this thread and i'll post pics. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.