Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, tire spec question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; can 17inch tires fit on my catera that has 16inch tires on it now?...
- 09-10-10 01:12 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2000 catera base model
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
tire spec question
can 17inch tires fit on my catera that has 16inch tires on it now?
- 09-10-10 12:59 PM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): Catera 2001
- Join Date
- May 2005
Re: tire spec question
The Tire-Loading Information label, which is located
on the rear edge of the driver’s door, shows the correct
inflation pressures for your tires when they’re cold.
“Cold” means your vehicle has been sitting for at least
three hours or driven no more than 1 mile (1.6 km).
If you’ll be driving at speeds higher than 100 mph
(160 km/h) where it is legal, raise the cold inflation
pressure of each tire to,
- 38 psi (260 kPa) for tire size P225/55R16
- 39 psi (270 kPa) for tire size 235/45R17
When you end this very high-speed driving, reduce the
cold inflation pressures to those listed on the
Tire-Loading Information label.
So from this I have to assume that 17" rims with 235/45R17 size tires should be good.
Better check with Tire manufacturers allowed tires guides when you search for your car to be double sure.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Gunk Liquid Wrench - LIQUID WRENCH(R) Lock Lubricant
LIQUID WRENCH(R) Lock Lubricant - LIQUID WRENCH(R) Lock Lubricant and De-Icer with CERFLON(R); 3 Oz Can
- Car-Freshner Little Trees - Air Freshener
Air Freshener - Energy; 3 Pak
- PowerTorque Tools - Adjustable Wrench
Adjustable Wrench - 10 Inch