DTC's P1526, P1510, P1519
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, DTC's P1526, P1510, P1519 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am in the process of bringing a 2000 Catera back to life after being parked for over a year. ...
    bwell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan Deville, 1997 Deville, 1997 Concours

DTC's P1526, P1510, P1519

I am in the process of bringing a 2000 Catera back to life after being parked for over a year. I am getting codes P1526, P1510, P1519. I've looked them up and found 1519 to be the TAC module and think it is probably the reason for the other codes. Where is this module located? Help is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Re: DTC's P1526, P1510, P1519

Quote Originally Posted by bwell View Post
    I am in the process of bringing a 2000 Catera back to life after being parked for over a year. I am getting codes P1526, P1510, P1519. I've looked them up and found 1519 to be the TAC module and think it is probably the reason for the other codes. Where is this module located? Help is appreciated
    Check the plug to the side of the throttle top on the right hand side (the Throttle Actuator Control motor is affixed to the throttle here for the 2000 Catera) if it is properly secured. If for any reason your throttle plates were gummed up and were dirty to start with, the the throttle learn will not work and the throttle control faults/DTCs will be set.

It may be worthwhile inspecting the throttle body and the control plates inside and clean it thoroughly with Carb Cleaner.

Turn ignition on without turning the car and in about thirty seconds the ECU will learn throttle positions. Then you should turn off and start the car.

If it starts the DTCs will reset once 3 good starts have been accomplished.

Good luck.

bwell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan Deville, 1997 Deville, 1997 Concours

I will give it a try tomorrow but I have concerns about the P1519 code. It is listed as being "throttle actuator control module internal circuit" which leads me to think the module is fried. I hope your solution is right because I can't find the fried module on the car!
    If I turn the ignition to the on position and watch the throttle blades should I be able to see them move as they adjust/learn?

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by bwell View Post
    I will give it a try tomorrow but I have concerns about the P1519 code. It is listed as being "throttle actuator control module internal circuit" which leads me to think the module is fried. I hope your solution is right because I can't find the fried module on the car!
    If I turn the ignition to the on position and watch the throttle blades should I be able to see them move as they adjust/learn?
    As far as I know (I have limited experience), the reference to "throttle actuator control module internal circuit" would refer to the module connected to the throttle side which moves the throttle per direction from the ECU.

In terms of being able to see the throttle plates move I have not physically checked it that way to see the plates move but makes sense. However I cannot say with certainty if that is what happens during learn but makes ample sense that the plates should move between fully open to closed so that the ECU can control these accurately.

Good luck and if I can help further I will be happy to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.