Suspension question.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Suspension question. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 97 catera and i'm having a weird problem with my air suspension. When i'm alone in the ...
    tekkentk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadi Catera

Suspension question.

I have a 97 catera and i'm having a weird problem with my air suspension. When i'm alone in the car the leveling light does not come on whatsoever, but when i have passengers it starts blinking and never stops until i turn off the car. What could be the problem? I don't have any leaks or anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: Suspension question.

Sounds like a leak to me. Why are you sure it's not?

1sontov is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 catera

Quote Originally Posted by tekkentk View Post
    I have a 97 catera and i'm having a weird problem with my air suspension. When i'm alone in the car the leveling light does not come on whatsoever, but when i have passengers it starts blinking and never stops until i turn off the car. What could be the problem? I don't have any leaks or anything.
    I've had this same issue, but for other reasons- fixed the front suspension on my 1998 catera: start with the basic, least expensive fixes first-- check tire pressure and break fluid level. how does the car handle-- is the front suspension solid or does it knock a little-- be honest with youself... does it pull to one side? how old are the front suspension parts on your car? My front suspension was getting sloppy/loose (parts wear out)... I know that once I had new inside/outside L & R tie-rods installed + new idler arm (passager side) + center link installed (by the shop)... then I installed the link pins myself (cause the shop wanted too much $ for something sooo basic)...Once all this was done - especially the link pins installed, I honestly felt the car sit higher up and it felt more stable. Amazing when parts wear it can cause this 'leveling' light to flash. <Thats my opinion> No matter if you 'think' its NOT an air leak issue-- I strongly believe these same parts (tire rods, idler arm-to-center link + link pins) on your car are wearing out and getting sloppy-- thats why the ELE system is recognizing the suspension is 'no-longer level' [stable], and the light comes on- flashes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

tekkentk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadi Catera

I just found out my control arm bushing are rotted to the point where they're not even there anymore. Could this be a problem too?

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

I'm assuming you're talking about the rear bushings. If so, yes I would think so. Check the front bushings. You'll probably find them shot too. Read my write up regarding Catera suspension upgrades.

http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/s...art-1-t108.htm

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.