Suspension question.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Suspension question. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 97 catera and i'm having a weird problem with my air suspension. When i'm alone in the ...
    tekkentk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadi Catera

Suspension question.

I have a 97 catera and i'm having a weird problem with my air suspension. When i'm alone in the car the leveling light does not come on whatsoever, but when i have passengers it starts blinking and never stops until i turn off the car. What could be the problem? I don't have any leaks or anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elvin315 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: Suspension question.

Sounds like a leak to me. Why are you sure it's not?

1sontov is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 catera

Quote Originally Posted by tekkentk View Post
    I have a 97 catera and i'm having a weird problem with my air suspension. When i'm alone in the car the leveling light does not come on whatsoever, but when i have passengers it starts blinking and never stops until i turn off the car. What could be the problem? I don't have any leaks or anything.
    I've had this same issue, but for other reasons- fixed the front suspension on my 1998 catera: start with the basic, least expensive fixes first-- check tire pressure and break fluid level. how does the car handle-- is the front suspension solid or does it knock a little-- be honest with youself... does it pull to one side? how old are the front suspension parts on your car? My front suspension was getting sloppy/loose (parts wear out)... I know that once I had new inside/outside L & R tie-rods installed + new idler arm (passager side) + center link installed (by the shop)... then I installed the link pins myself (cause the shop wanted too much $ for something sooo basic)...Once all this was done - especially the link pins installed, I honestly felt the car sit higher up and it felt more stable. Amazing when parts wear it can cause this 'leveling' light to flash. <Thats my opinion> No matter if you 'think' its NOT an air leak issue-- I strongly believe these same parts (tire rods, idler arm-to-center link + link pins) on your car are wearing out and getting sloppy-- thats why the ELE system is recognizing the suspension is 'no-longer level' [stable], and the light comes on- flashes.

tekkentk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadi Catera

I just found out my control arm bushing are rotted to the point where they're not even there anymore. Could this be a problem too?

elvin315 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

I'm assuming you're talking about the rear bushings. If so, yes I would think so. Check the front bushings. You'll probably find them shot too. Read my write up regarding Catera suspension upgrades.

http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/s...art-1-t108.htm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.