Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Suspension question.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  elvin315 
#1 ·
I have a 97 catera and i'm having a weird problem with my air suspension. When i'm alone in the car the leveling light does not come on whatsoever, but when i have passengers it starts blinking and never stops until i turn off the car. What could be the problem? I don't have any leaks or anything.

#3 ·
I've had this same issue, but for other reasons- fixed the front suspension on my 1998 catera: start with the basic, least expensive fixes first-- check tire pressure and break fluid level. how does the car handle-- is the front suspension solid or does it knock a little-- be honest with youself... does it pull to one side? how old are the front suspension parts on your car? My front suspension was getting sloppy/loose (parts wear out)... I know that once I had new inside/outside L & R tie-rods installed + new idler arm (passager side) + center link installed (by the shop)... then I installed the link pins myself (cause the shop wanted too much $ for something sooo basic)...Once all this was done - especially the link pins installed, I honestly felt the car sit higher up and it felt more stable. Amazing when parts wear it can cause this 'leveling' light to flash. <Thats my opinion> No matter if you 'think' its NOT an air leak issue-- I strongly believe these same parts (tire rods, idler arm-to-center link + link pins) on your car are wearing out and getting sloppy-- thats why the ELE system is recognizing the suspension is 'no-longer level' [stable], and the light comes on- flashes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.