Front Control Arm Bushings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Front Control Arm Bushings in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently took my car in for alignment, and they said I needed to have the front bushings replaced. Got ...
    nerdifiedgeek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

Front Control Arm Bushings

I recently took my car in for alignment, and they said I needed to have the front bushings replaced. Got the quote at $770. Looking at the parts needed, they specify 2 different kinds of bushings. 4 total is what is quoted for this. I'm not sure why that is, but I know very little about cars. I was looking at the cheaper bushings listed on here..

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/199...m_bushing.html

They also listed an outer tie rod end. Just one though..

Anyone have any knowledge they can share on the matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Re: Front Control Arm Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by nerdifiedgeek View Post
    I recently took my car in for alignment, and they said I needed to have the front bushings replaced. Got the quote at $770. Looking at the parts needed, they specify 2 different kinds of bushings. 4 total is what is quoted for this. I'm not sure why that is, but I know very little about cars. I was looking at the cheaper bushings listed on here..

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/199...m_bushing.html

They also listed an outer tie rod end. Just one though..

Anyone have any knowledge they can share on the matter?
    The following gives you a good picture of what is needed and these include the ball joint,

http://cgi.ebay.ca/97-98-99-00-01-02...ts_Accessories

Do a search on eBay with "catera control arm" and you will see other listings.

There are also cheaper sellers but it is hard to know the quality of parts.

On eBay I have dealt with Foleyparts and dpart1122 and they are exceptional with genuine GM parts.

See if they can help.

cateraowners is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you'd really like to save money on this job, members of the Catera Owners group on Yahoo have been reporting success in ordering aftermarket Opel Omega control arms (wishbones) from eBay UK vendors...better quailty than the OEM for $150 a pair shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA...#ht_5725wt_911

elvin315 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

I have a comprehensive article regarding the Catera's suspension that explains the trouble with the bushings and a list of replacements. Covers all of the suspension front & rear. Give it a read so you know what the mechanic is saying and hopefully avoid being taken. I wrote it with performance upgrades in mind but included stock parts too. One thing to remember, if it fits an Omega (Opel or Vauxhall) it'll fit a Catera. The advice about buying from The UK is excellent.

http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/s...1-t108.htm#409

cateraowners is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice article there Elvin...well done.

ondale is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport

On my 2001 Sport, I replaced the Hubs, ball joints, and tie rods. Being in Chicago, I was able to buy the parts from Foley and pick them up. Also, I really liked Midwest Foreign Auto Parts, ebay id is autopartsmidwest. They stock and can order most of those parts, they import them directly from Europe. You will be pleasantly surprised how much less expensive they are from dealer price, even Foley's discount. You can look up their number on Google, they are on Belmont Ave here in Chicago. Good luck. I keep investing money in my almost mint Catera cause I haven't found a replacement car yet. Possibly, a used STS-V would be my replacement, but we have snow here in Chicago.

djchaz14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

The best price I found was at theautopartsshop.com I just ordered the front bushings gonna install myself this weekend you can make a tool to remove them but you have to have them pressed in its easier parts # are Moog K200057 & K200058 do it your self and save about 500 or 600 hundred from what you said in the future you can check ebay for certain parts also much cheaper than dealer or shops.

xanax06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

Quote Originally Posted by cateraowners View Post
    If you'd really like to save money on this job, members of the Catera Owners group on Yahoo have been reporting success in ordering aftermarket Opel Omega control arms (wishbones) from eBay UK vendors...better quailty than the OEM for $150 a pair shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA...#ht_5725wt_911
    Will these fit my 97 Cat? Also what currency is this £31.90, Euro, GBP, BRL?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.