Need some quick assistance!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Need some quick assistance!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I know most of you are familiar with the breather pipe on the catera that has 2 big hoses and ...
    ccatera10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

Smile Need some quick assistance!!

I know most of you are familiar with the breather pipe on the catera that has 2 big hoses and 2 little hoses.. i have one extra hose that just sticks out, someone before me changed the valve cover gaskets, and maybe while the person worked on it, he might have not put it back into place? i am confused on where the location of this hose goes.. can anyone help me out?

pipe.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Re: Need some quick assistance!!

That is your transmission breather, it is open to atmosphere pressure. Is is usually just zip-tied to the back of all the other lines.

Exclamation Re: Need some quick assistance!!

thanks! I also have another question,.. looking right down in front of the car with the hood open, in the middle between the radiator and the two intake pipes going to the throttle body theirs this rubber nipple (by a spring looking plastic thing) that seems like it need to be connected to something... maybe one of those skinny plastic vacuum lines. I have all the 3 skinny plastic vacuum lines connected starting from behind the engine, the t pipe going all the way down towards the bottom left near the metal trays at the bottom by the belts. I know those are in correct place from what i have seen in other engines, what i haven't seen in pictures is the rubber nipple that is being obstructed by the cover you take off the top of the radiator. till now i have always wondered why theirs just an empty rubber nipple( near a little spring/plastic thing at the top ) does this have a use? the diagrams have not helped me that much, it dose not show it connecting to anything?

Can anyone help me out?

I would need another pic before I even began to know what you're talking about. ha ha. If I'm right you're talking about one of the valves to your multi-ram intake system and yes, it should have a yellowish/white tube connected to it,...

Smile Re: Need some quick assistance!!

yes that sounds like the part,.. i just have the little black rubber connector next to the spring looking thing. i have the other missing parts but have no idea where they connect. anyone have any pictures or diagrams?

Question Re: Need some quick assistance!!

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by ccatera10 View Post
    The whitish hose connects to the picture 1 part and then to the the assembly at almost 1/4 from the bottom to the left (driver side dual ram pipes at the rear side towards the engine.

I cannot make out what is in picture 3.

Please elaborate and perhaps look at the vaccuum routing sticker to ensure all lines properly connected if it is a vaccuum line. I have posted my vaccuum routing for Catera 2001 in another post. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by USEDCAT View Post
    The whitish hose connects to the picture 1 part and then to the the assembly at almost 1/4 from the bottom to the left (driver side dual ram pipes at the rear side towards the engine.

I cannot make out what is in picture 3.

Please elaborate and perhaps look at the vaccuum routing sticker to ensure all lines properly connected if it is a vaccuum line. I have posted my vaccuum routing for Catera 2001 in another post. Good luck.
    I thought it connected on the passenger side of the intake piping? I could easily be wrong. Haven't spent much time under the hood of my cat during riding season.

I am not sure of the 2nd picture I showed has to do anything with the 98 Catera I have, I went to the junk yard and saw it laying around near the engine of a 2000/2001 caddy, but I just took it anyway just in case assuming the engine was not as different from my 98' Catera. With my 98 Catera, I have a t pipe assembly that connects to the lower intake with a sensor attached, as well as two of the other black lines from across the engine hooking up to the very lower bottom passenger side (connected to a egg shaped looking black plastic thing ). The last photo I have up is just another skinny black plastic hose that I found at the junk yard as well, but have no idea if I need it or not. like I said before I have everything else connected right, but its just that I have no line connecting to that part as seen in the first picture I put up.

I will try again to see if I can make out the diagram shown on the car (kind if worn out)

Thank you for you responses

I am not sure of the 2nd picture I showed has to do anything with the 98 Catera I have, I went to the junk yard and saw it laying around near the engine of a 2000/2001 caddy, but I just took it anyway just in case assuming the engine was not as different from my 98' Catera. With my 98 Catera, I have a t pipe assembly that connects to the lower intake with a sensor attached, as well as two of the other black lines from across the engine hooking up to the very lower bottom passenger side (connected to a egg shaped looking black plastic thing ). The last photo I have up is just another skinny black plastic hose that I found at the junk yard as well, but have no idea if I need it or not. like I said before I have everything else connected right, but its just that I have no line connecting to that part as seen in the first picture I put up.

I will try again to see if I can make out the diagram shown on the car (kind if worn out)

Thank you for you responses
    Just do the white tube as described above and see if things are good. Cheers.

Arrow Re: Need some quick assistance!!

I checked to see if the white tube could actually be used, but it has no purpose on this car, well at least how it appears to be. As I stated before I have a 98 Catera, not a 2001 which from the pictures Ive seen has a white tube going from the switch over valve( manifold actuator) mounted on the intake, to a vacuum solenoid. On my 98 Catera their seems to be a t piece inserted in the solenoid valve and underneath it, a wired sensor. (all of this is in the middle behind the intake valves( lower midsection )

Is this correct should that t piece be their? I may be starting to think that this part of the car may have been tampered with and maybe the lines go else where without the t piece connector? if anyone has a clear shot of this section of the car it would be a great help to me. The diagrams I have looked up myself from this site, and the one on the car itself is no help either because it does not show the multi ram actuator line connecting to anything?

I am in need to get this figured out because I am going to get the smog check done and need everything in place. My cars performance seems to be suffering as well with power and stalls, and i have invested in new plugs, sparks, ect.. cleaning MAF, sensors, and so on. so I am pretty sure that if all my lines are connected well, then it may solve this issue.

I know I posted this a week or two ago, so if you go to my fourth response and click on picture 1 you’ll see what exactly I am talking about.

I checked to see if the white tube could actually be used, but it has no purpose on this car, well at least how it appears to be. As I stated before I have a 98 Catera, not a 2001 which from the pictures Ive seen has a white tube going from the switch over valve( manifold actuator) mounted on the intake, to a vacuum solenoid. On my 98 Catera their seems to be a t piece inserted in the solenoid valve and underneath it, a wired sensor. (all of this is in the middle behind the intake valves( lower midsection )

Is this correct should that t piece be their? I may be starting to think that this part of the car may have been tampered with and maybe the lines go else where without the t piece connector? if anyone has a clear shot of this section of the car it would be a great help to me. The diagrams I have looked up myself from this site, and the one on the car itself is no help either because it does not show the multi ram actuator line connecting to anything?

I am in need to get this figured out because I am going to get the smog check done and need everything in place. My cars performance seems to be suffering as well with power and stalls, and i have invested in new plugs, sparks, ect.. cleaning MAF, sensors, and so on. so I am pretty sure that if all my lines are connected well, then it may solve this issue.

I know I posted this a week or two ago, so if you go to my fourth response and click on picture 1 you’ll see what exactly I am talking about.
    I took some pictures if these help,

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...1/IMG_0857.jpg

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...1/IMG_0859.jpg

The following is where the Vaccuum tube from the T coonects to equivalent of IAC (I believe 2001 does not have IAC) at the back. It is the u curved pipe connected to vaccuuum line,

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...1/IMG_0860.jpg

Cheers and hope it helps.

Thank you so much, this made my day. This helped alot because the past owner did some fishy things with the car and i noticed that the little needle that is used to insert the rubber end with the white hose, was broken off and i guess he put some putty or plaster on it...that is why i was so confused to have not seen another needle end on that part near the t peice.

Thanks alot!

)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.