A few Questions!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, A few Questions! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello! and thank you for viewing. 1. The 3rd brake light the strip across trunk i got 3 bulbs in ...
    Chet4Cat1997 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

A few Questions!

Hello! and thank you for viewing.

1. The 3rd brake light the strip across trunk i got 3 bulbs in there 1 out of the 3 work is there a way to replace the other 2 bulbs or do i need to buy a new strip?
    2. I own the 97 cat and is it to ALWAYs drive with the sports mode (button on shifter) on? i see it makes my oil pressure raise and wondering if thats bad to always drive on tht or drive in certain conditions.
    3. My back passanger side window has a broken peice in it and it came off from the track its the main piece to make the window move and stay put i have no idea what its called me and my friends tried jb welding it and its to small and it just keep breaking wondering if you can buy that part separate im thinking a junkyard is the only way to go for that but maybe someone knows a different way!

I have more questions but i dont feel like begging for everything and i dont remember all of them for anyone hwo helps thank you very much i appreciate it and i wanna make my car shine! i got some work to do but im getting there!

Chet!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: A few Questions!

1.) They don't have bulbs. They're LEDs. If you remove the strip you might find cracked/cold solder joints. Reflow some solder with flux and that might bring them to life. If not send the strip to Logan Diagnostic for repair or replacement. http://www.ledfix.com/ (Logan Diagnostic)

2.) The Sport feature raises the transmission's shift points close to redline (6500 RPM) to squeeze all the HP out of the engine. As a consequence the engine is usually a gear lower than normal and the engine spins faster meaning lower fuel mileage, higher temp, faster oil breakdown, accelerated general wear but no real harm. I've done it by accident for hours when forgetting to shift out of Sport with no ill effects. I normally use it just for passing or for engine braking, but it is nice to hear the engine sing through the gears every once in a while when the mood strikes.

3.) Can't help you there except to say that the recycler/junkyard is probably your best bet.

Chet4Cat1997 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

So. on that strip i got it out and wondering if its either hard or impossible to get that plastic off the back of light it looks impossible so idk how to fix it any info? the two pieces of plastic look sealed

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Chet4Cat1997 View Post
    So. on that strip i got it out and wondering if its either hard or impossible to get that plastic off the back of light it looks impossible so idk how to fix it any info? the two pieces of plastic look sealed
    First of all I, and the others here, love helping if we can but please don't make it harder by not using punctuation. I'm too old to decode it. Thanks.

Lastly, I'm sorry but I've never taken it apart myself so I have no tips. If there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to open it up then don't try. If you damage it you may destroy any value it might have as a replacement core. Check with Car-Part.com for used light strips or send your off to Logan Diagnostic for repair.

It's a Cadillac. Nothing is easy or cheap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.