3 vacuum lines without a home!!! please help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 3 vacuum lines without a home!!! please help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought a non running 99 catera. Cranks but no start. All 3 lines are about 3 feet long. ...
    gcha1727 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 catera

3 vacuum lines without a home!!! please help

I just bought a non running 99 catera. Cranks but no start. All 3 lines are about 3 feet long.

2 of them start at a part between the motor and lowest point of air inake. Its on the pass side less than a foot off the ground. One of the two lines coming from that part has a T connector on the end of it.

The 3rd line also starts near the front of the car. The is a hose about 1 inch in diameter with a round part (PA66 GF25) inline with it. From the round part is a short line prob less than 6 inches. That small line goes into a squarish part with 2 wires connected to it. Coming out of that square part is my 3rd line.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddyObsessed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX

Re: 3 vacuum lines without a home!!! please help

They run along the drivers side valve cover, clip into the small grooves. Past the oil fill cap towards firewall. One with a 180 hook connects to valve at back of engine. I have a picture of this somewhere. Will take a look.

Thanks for the response. If you happen to come across that pic Id appreciate it. Pic says thousand words , as they say. If not, thanks again for getting me started!!

Cadi Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

Look under the hood at your catalyst diagram and you will see where those lines go. If it's not there or too worn off the read maybe this will help:

Attachment 60093

I took some pics;

I found 2 lines at back of motor that probably go to my lines. I was not able to find the 3rd. If anyone knows which lines connect where Id appreciate it...

1st pic- clipped in along firewall on pass side near my hand then the last couple feet of line wasnt mounted (the part Im holding).

2nd pic- I think thats the valve mentioned earlier. Its on the upper rear corner of engine (driver side).

3rd pic- Im unsure of the name of this broken part I need to replace and was hoping someone could tell me. Its up high front of motor, driver side.

Thanks for the help!!!

sorry, having trouble uploading pics. they cant be over 800x800 it says and Im not sure how to reduce it.

the 1st line comes out of firewall on pass side along side of another.

The 2nd was a short line coming off the valve upper rear corner of engine (driver side).

And 3rd does anyone know the name of the roundish part that is inline with Black tube (around 1 inch dia.) at front of motor up high driver side

Thanks again!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.