'98 Catera Evap Can Vent Valve Needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, '98 Catera Evap Can Vent Valve Needed in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 98 Catera needs a vent valve (part number 90541907) to pass the emissions test. I have called part stores, ...
    dchkunz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '98 Catera

'98 Catera Evap Can Vent Valve Needed

My 98 Catera needs a vent valve (part number 90541907) to pass the emissions test. I have called part stores, dealerships, official GM parts distributors and no one can find one. Is anyone parting out a Catera or know of a salvage yard that would likely have one? I'm open to just about any solution.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Re: '98 Catera Evap Can Vent Valve Needed

Try car-parts.com. Do a search for something generic like a hood, fender, etc, to find a local yard that at least has a catera, then call them and see if you can work something out.

d_phekt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

There is a yard near me that just got a Catera in on Friday, so I am going to go check it out tomorrow. I'm not too sure what part you're talking about exactly, but if you could let me know I will grab it for you.

I can't post links or pm right now because I'm a new member but if you go to

"gmpartsgiant[d]com[s]components[s]1998-cadillac-catera~fuel-supply-fuel-lines-ov030020103-l81ml46vr69[d]html"
    [d]= .
    [s]= /

Stupid spam blocker.

It's number 42 on the diagram. On the car, its located in the top left corner under the hood. It should be pretty easy to remove.

Alright. As long as it's still there I will grab it for you.

I was able to pick up that part for you. I can't send private messages yet, so shoot me an email with your info and I'll get it in the mail asap.
    d_phekt@msn.com

Mechanic just called. He said it might just be a sensor. He's going to check it out. I might not need the part after all! Thanks for grabbing it though. I'll let you know if I need it or not!

It's all fixed! Thanks for your help!

locksmith is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

please let me know what sensor he replaced im having that evap problem as well thanks.

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
    please let me know what sensor he replaced im having that evap problem as well thanks.
    If u have evap small leak code. There is return pipe goes in to gas tank from electronic vavle in the front of gas tank. That pipe was cracked, I have to take tank down to replace it.

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
    If u have evap small leak code. There is return pipe goes in to gas tank from electronic vavle in the front of gas tank. That pipe was cracked, I have to take tank down to replace it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.