my 98' catera
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, my 98' catera in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; the new zinc plated rotors just came in today...i will post pictures of the new rotors/pads after the weekend(hopefully i ...
    rollincatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my 98' catera

the new zinc plated rotors just came in today...i will post pictures of the new rotors/pads after the weekend(hopefully i have time to install them!).

replaced stock 16" chrome w/daytona's with 18"' kaizer spade 2's... rubber is 225/40/ZR18 - Essenza 210 Type R goodyears...nice and sticky. i'd like to get some 45 or 50's...maybe some vogues... i get a bit of a shake between 45-55mph...does anyone know if a 4 wheel alignment will get rid of this?

installed the intake from a guy off ebay. was a knock off for $50 including shipping. sounds great. well worth the 50.

anyways, here's some pics..

this is when the car was completely stock...minus the audio system and full tint all the way around.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: my 98' catera

well this attachment thing isnt working well for me...

go here to view all my pictures of my catera

http://www.99vs1.net/extra/jon/caddy/

please give me all suggestions! i'm always looking to do something to the car

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Niiiice... How's it stop now?

Great choice of wheels, if your getting a vibration- have the wheels been balanced? Lastly, are the differences do you notice with the intake... performance wise, better? Oh... and what's the specs of your sound system.

Reguardless, that sounds and looks like a kickass ride.

hey thanks. i dont have the new rotors/pads on yet. was planning on doing that early sat. morning....not sure how long it will take me as i've never taken the rotors/pads off before. anyone know if this is a tough job?

i have the stock bose cd/tape 7speaker system, i added a 12" sub and amp. i dont like a ton of bass....but i like a loud, clear system with that added bass that a 12 will give ya.

i have not balanced the wheels....should i get that done? i figured they would come balanced from the factory.

i'm not sure what kind of performance the intake gives me...

anyone have any other suggestions on this car?

thanks.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Thats not always the case, you probably should have them balanaced (with the tires on).

valle1018 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where did you get your crossed drilled rotors? How much did you pay?
    Did you notice any difference when you installed the intake?

the rotors were purchased off ebay from some knob...

it seems like the car doesnt have to work as hard to produce what it used to with the stock air filter in there...

carjunky25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The wheels look great on the car. The brake job shouldn't be too bad, if the rotors are the same diameter as stock. If not, you may have to do some cutting to get them to fit. I just put a set of 17" TSW Revo's on my 2000 and had a little vibration between 45 - 50 mph. My wheels came with a plastic center ring that fits over the hub and into a groove on the wheel. The wheels on these cars are a "hub centric" design, which means they are centered on the hub and not by the lug studs. Once I installed the plastic rings, the vibration was gone. If you bought the wheels and tires as a package, they were probably balanced prior to being shipped. Don't forget new alloy wheels have to be re-torqued after the first 1-200 miles.

chregan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

Quote Originally Posted by rollincatera
    i have not balanced the wheels....should i get that done? i figured they would come balanced from the factory.
    You DEFINITELY need to balance the wheels with the tires on them. I can almost guarantee that's what's causing your vibration. Tires are never perfectly balanced when they come out of the mold so you need to balance everything together.

Wheels don't get balanced at the factory either because it's pointless.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.