Prefacelift to Postfacelift mirror swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Prefacelift to Postfacelift mirror swap in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know if it is possible to swap the mirrors on my doors to ones from a post facelift ...
    Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Prefacelift to Postfacelift mirror swap

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap the mirrors on my doors to ones from a post facelift catera? I hate all the plastic on my mirrors, and looking for a cheap fix I'm assuming that the parts will mount properly, but I'm not sure the mirror controls and heated mirror function will work

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Prefacelift to Postfacelift mirror swap

Just Curious. Do you have any pics of the post face lift mirror?

I don't, but check out CateraMV6's photos in his Eyelid post, those are okay shots. Basically, except where they mount to the door they are entirely painted. The shape of them is the only thing thats making me have second thoughts, they appear to be more angular, and not the rounded shape of the pre facelift.

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I get what you are talking about. I think those are the ones that came with the 2000 and 2001 models?

Yeah, and from what I can see the doors, and shapes haven't changed, so by rights they should fit, again my main concern is the heated mirror function and mirror controls.

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

I think everything is swappable but keep in mind the pre-facelift cars are a smoothed over car with softer lines, and the post have harder, more angled and defined lines. I was thinking of going over to the post mirrors on my car because they are shaped a little better to see your blind spot, but i decided against it because I didn't think they wouldn't flow together as well. If you decide to go that route please post a picture!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.