Also have all 4 windows stop working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Also have all 4 windows stop working in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I also have had all 4 windows stop working. However, we discovered a wierd glich as well. When I turn ...
    MHahle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera

Also have all 4 windows stop working

I also have had all 4 windows stop working. However, we discovered a wierd glich as well. When I turn the key off the windows do work but only at a very slow and jerky motion. They work as long as the key is off for an unlimited time, not just during the few seconds of time that the car gives you when you turn off the car. Any other suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Re: Also have all 4 windows stop working

Actually, if you do not open the doors, your windows, as well as radio should remain active for 20 minutes before being disabled.

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by MHahle View Post
    I also have had all 4 windows stop working. However, we discovered a wierd glich as well. When I turn the key off the windows do work but only at a very slow and jerky motion. They work as long as the key is off for an unlimited time, not just during the few seconds of time that the car gives you when you turn off the car. Any other suggestions?
    Disconnect the auxiliary water pump located at the front almost besides the battery in an upright position.

See in the following,

Post any differences with this action.

tratar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera 1998

What does disconecting the auxilary water pump have to do with the windows?

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by tratar View Post
    What does disconecting the auxilary water pump have to do with the windows?
    Apparently I read in some of the BCM related threads that the BCM tests this device at start up and if detecting an overdraw in this test will shut down anciliary items that it controls including the windows, etc. Not my work but sharing what I read.

When you turn the car off and the right conditions of temperature exist, auxiliary water pump runs along with the auxiliary fans to coll the engine down to certain temperature. During this phase if the pump and or fans are defective (drawing excessive from the battery, etc.) you may note much less power to operate windows up and down, etc., as described by one of the posters.

Hopefully these notes trigger other ideas or a solution.

Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.