whats up with these cars being canadian
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, whats up with these cars being canadian in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey I had the problem with my tc and brakes the etcbm module thing...ok they are saying that these cars ...
    blanny431 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 catera

whats up with these cars being canadian

hey I had the problem with my tc and brakes the etcbm module thing...ok they are saying that these cars are built in germany but they are canadian cars???what the heck does that mean..I do know this...there is something going on about these cars and canada just look on the back of your factory key or the remote thing it says from canada right on them and they somehow have screwed up the computers from our american computer readers reading them..because the mechanic that fixed my etcbm module hooked up teh computer to it and it reads clean...even when my car had all those screw ups it wouldnt read them on the computer readers that we have here..so I dont know if that has anything to do with thi s canada thing or not,,but it sure is screwy...Im really confused about this stupid car...it says canadian on all the keys and remotes (factory keys) that should actually say german if that is where these cars are from....so somewhere they arent telling us something...and I think if we could find out that connection we wouldnt have so many dealership mechanics that cant seem to even work on their own cars..because they cant even figure it out??? the cadillac dealer mechanics hate this car...and its just because if they cant read the computer they are completely lost.because you have to be able to read and understand the computer to be able to fix it...help send me answers to lisa431@netzero.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Re: whats up with these cars being canadian

Its a possiblity that this would be a GM Canada part number. As you can see there are two part numbers, as well as a FCCID. And what do you have against us Canadians, eh?

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

Re: whats up with these cars being canadian

hmm blannys post seems really hostile.. rehaps its the cat that the car was manufactures for canada, considering it uses the metric systm, and different safty standards! ... you cant even bring a car built for canada into the states unless its ran threw a registered improter.
    I tried to buy a grand am a few years ago in toranto, and it became such a problem I gave up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.