tranny warning light? help please!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, tranny warning light? help please! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; OK guys.. so if you have been following.. I got problems. catera was stalling, idoling horrible.. so ruff you can ...
    hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

tranny warning light? help please!

OK guys.. so if you have been following.. I got problems.

catera was stalling, idoling horrible.. so ruff you can feel the car bounce. didnt want to start sometimes, but always did start.

took into mechaninc that is supposed to specialize in cadillac.. he has a catera he rebuilt.

so he said driver side coil all the plugs and that would get the car running. he said he would only use genuine delco or whatever.

then overcharged me.. anyway. $542 later, i get the car today.. as I leave this lil light comes on It had come on while I was testing the car with him, and he said.. IDK.. but I never seen it befor ( ! ) sorta like that I will include a photo for u... I find out from the manual.. its a tranny warring light.. could you tell me more please??

Also 2 hrs later I go out.. start car, stalls, and aganin and again! exact problem I took car in for...

So I drive car back to exchange for my new impala so I will feel safe.. on the trip back.. car stalling at every light, 2 footed driving.. as soon as Im on the expressway that light comes on and stays on!

Did he do something to my car? we had been arguing about the price cause I only autherized 428. and bill is 502 now once he redused it, plus tax.

is the car ok to drive?? its about 14 miles away from my house, thus the car exchange.. and I have a ride sunday so I can bring the car back.. will it be ok to drive?

I had the tranny srviced at 122,300 and now has 126,582
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Re: tranny warning light? help please!

Did he plug everything back in when he reassembled the car? If hes rebuilt a Catera, he's probably a member....lol

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

hgqguy there are lot of vacuum lines branching in the area of driver side plugs/coil. It may be worthwhile checking vacuum routing and perhaps double check the transmission fluid level from the fill plug hole underneath. Better still get the people who serviced your transmission to check in case anything missed in service or if it is still within their work warranty period.

Cheers.

thanks guys... Maybe its something simple. I was actually presant when the transmission was serviced, so i watched it be filled/overfilled.. so I know there is no issue from my tranny service. Like I mentioned.. the light NEVER came on prior to him replacing the coil and plugs.

I actually replaced the plugs myself about 3 months ago and had no problems whatsowever... maybe he did neglect to connect something. I will send him an email.. but we are not on good terms at all right now! .. the long and short of it is.. he told me one price, then charged me way more!

then to have this issue, plus the car is doing the exact thing I sent it in for.. befor paying the $542 bill! ha..

Cadi Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

That's not the tranny light. That is the Twilight Sentinel indicator lamp. If you have your automatic headlight switch off, this warning light will come on when it senses that it's getting dark enough out, to remind you to manually turn on your headlights. But... I see that you took these pictures during daylight so... check to make sure the sensor that's at the center of the dash under the windshield isn't blocked or maybe your mechanic detached some wiring. The tranny light is orange colored looks like this... (s) and will flash if there is something wrong. It also will illuminate when sport mode is engaged.

thanks. Ill check it out.. I thought I crossreferanced it correctly in the manual, but I will for sure double check to see if its the autolights are turned off.

Im sure you will all agree that it is very frustrating to take a car for a problem and have it come back with same problems plus more unknown issues.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.