lt1 swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, lt1 swap in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have started swapping my 3.0 for a 95 lt1 out of a z28 with the 4l60e tranny. I have ...
    vinny2tone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 catera

lt1 swap

I have started swapping my 3.0 for a 95 lt1 out of a z28 with the 4l60e tranny. I have the engine hanging pretty close to its final spot. looking for ideas on the oil pan and headers or manifolds that may work. the oil pan is the main problem right now just wondering what other people have done, fabing one isn't a prob, trying to get around it if i can. will post pics when i find my camera

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Re: lt1 swap

If I remember correctly, every swap I've heard of required a front sump pan. I think the one from a Holden Commodore(spelling?).

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Too bad you were able to get one from an 96-97 SS Camaro. 20 extra hp. But a 96-97 Z28's 285hp power plant in a catera should be plenty.

what year commodore. price was right for the 95.

Jea3cd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 Catera

Vinny, let me know how your swap goes. I'm thinking of doing the same with mine, but I'm also leaning toward just to freshen up a 3.2L with matched injectors and a good port / polish job. I know I can squeze another 20 hp or so out of a 3.2L, but I'm really looking for another 80 or so.

Are you using the ECU from the camaro, or you going with Autometer gauges?

i'm using the camaro computer and hopefully retaining the caddy factory gauges. any one have part number for front sump commodore pan.

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

I can't swear to it but the '04-'06 GTO pan might fit. This swap has been talked about and a few are working on it but as of yet no one has completed one except for this guy:

click

the 04-06 gto is a ls engine the 95 z28 is a lt1. the pans visually look like two different bolt patterns. as i'm not familiar with the ls engine are they different? would it be possible too cut the lt1 pan below the seals and ad the lower half of the ls pan for a front sump

jrrsmith18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 catera, 08 sts

just a question, we can use the lt1 in a v8 swap? cause i got a 5.7l in my formula with a blown transmission just sitting in the garage

the lt1 will work just get ready for some fab work like engine mounts, oil pan, pick up tube etc.

I had a little free time to work on the car today, and realized that I have to remove the tranny again. I have to do this so i can work the trans tunnel a little. the power valve or whatever it's called (round thing pass side near bellhousing) is hitting the trans tunnel, so i get to pull out the hammer and relieve some stress. it only needs worked back about a half inch or so to get the much needed clearance. I will keep all updated as i get more time to work on it. sorry still no pics

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.