Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Clunk Noise on Shifting from Park to reverse and reverse to Drive in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2001 Catera base model with about 160,000km or 100,000 miles. I have lately started noticing a clunk ...
- 06-11-10 06:09 PM #1Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): Catera 2001
- Join Date
- May 2005
Clunk Noise on Shifting from Park to reverse and reverse to Drive
I have a 2001 Catera base model with about 160,000km or 100,000 miles.
I have lately started noticing a clunk noise when I shift from park to reverse and then from reverse to drive, normal backing out of one's driveway.
Do the Cateras have a Universal joint or yoke assembly that can be replaced as I was told my universal joint may be going?
I have searched compnine.com and rockauto as well as acdelco but cannot find a part number.
Any help in comments as to the following,
- Safety or driveability wise how serious is this issue
- Fix suggestion with part number if possible please
- Is it a home repair for a hobbyist some some tools with jack and jack stand
- Any estimate on a job done through a shop specifically in the Greater Toronto Area
Regards and I will be happy to clarify if it is not clearly described.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; Metric; Includes: 10mm X 11mm, 12mm X 13mm & 15mm X 17mm
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key SAE
Long Arm Hex Key SAE - 13 Pcs SAE Long Arm Hex Key Set; With Storage Container