blowing the BCM fuse #10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, blowing the BCM fuse #10 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok, this problem started a couple of days ago going down a gravel driveway. I heard the fuse blow, and ...
    bjh125 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

blowing the BCM fuse #10

Ok, this problem started a couple of days ago going down a gravel driveway.
    I heard the fuse blow, and the radio went off. I have read for hours on this subject , on here and the net. Anyways, I bought a used BCM at the salvage and put it in, and it still blows fuses. So I figure that its not that. I read somewhere that someone had a bad aux water pump, so I checked that, and found that the plug was broke, so I zip tied it solid, and violla....fixed the blowing fuse.................so I thought. Tonight when I went to leave, everything was working fine, and 3 miles down the road, I start smelling burning plastic.....you guessed it, the fuse, instead of blowing , was melting all over the place. anyways, I had to cut the wires and put in a fuse block. I unplugged the water pump, put in a new fuse, turned on the key , and it immediatly blew. What do I do next? If it was the pump, by me unplugging it , it should not have blown. Is there something else that could be bad or do I have a short in the wiring somewhere?
    I have been trying to sell this car, and cant as long as the radio dont work. Anyone interested, its a 98 with only 36000 miles. Has a salvage title, was stored for 5 years before fixed.Hit on passenger side. I got it with 22000 on it , got to 36000 miles and I guess its time for the typical catera problems to begin.....
    Anyways, if anyone has any tips or ideas on what to check, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: blowing the BCM fuse #10

Anyone?? Any ideas?

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Quote Originally Posted by bjh125 View Post
    Anyone?? Any ideas?
    I believe this fuse controls or works with the following,

Fuse 10: Body Control Module (BCM),
    - Heater Water Auxiliary Pump,
    - Fan Control Relays,
    - Auxiliary Water Pump Relay

I believe you already worked with the Auxillary Pump area. Check the fans too for shorts/stuck/etc.

You may need to search the forum to see how to test the fans.

Hope it helps.

I know thw fans work, they blow when the car is turned off when hot, and the car doesnt run hot. Im thinking the next step is the multifuntcion relay, or a short in the wires. Anyways, doesnt really matter to me now, I sold the car yesterday , and i now someone elses to deal with. I love the car , but not all the problems with these cars. I wont buy another one. Thanks for your help.

cguerrero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

I actually replied to another post in regards to this problem.

I had the exact same symptom on my 99 Catera. Remove the connector to the Heater Auxiliary Water Pump a 24 volt DC motor located on the passenger side of the wheel well area. Replace the fuse and start. Turn the car off and check your fuse. If it did not blow it reconnect the connector to the pump and restart turn radio on or pop your trunk if it is shorted it will pop the fuse. I just ordered one from RockAuto for $66.00 dollars versus Dealer price of $238.00.

I spent weeks researching this on the Net.

Mine must have been something else, because I had the water pump unplugged, put in a new fuse , and it popped as soon as the key was turned on. Hopefully the guy that bought it from me will figure it out. These are really good driving cars, I just wish they didnt have all of the electrical problems , Quirky little things and other issues. If they didnt , I probably would not of sold mine.

cguerrero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

Oh My! Something else to look forward to I will keep that in mind, I have not received the motor yet but it has been shipped. I am thinking that selling it might be cheaper than fixing it, but this car is waking the mechanic in me LOL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.