Catera vs Bobcat....Bobcat won....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera vs Bobcat....Bobcat won.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So unfortunately a bobcat picked a fight with my parked Catera...Unfortunately the bobcat won. Owner of the company said he ...
    Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Unhappy Catera vs Bobcat....Bobcat won....

So unfortunately a bobcat picked a fight with my parked Catera...Unfortunately the bobcat won. Owner of the company said he would pay cash for the repairs. Here are some pics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Catera vs Bobcat....Bobcat won....

Wow!!! How did this happen?

Basically, the guy was reversing and was more concerned with the bus coming towards him and he backed right up into my car. The bumper looked a lot worse, pulled it out a little so she would still be road worthy.

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Nahhh, new hood and a bumper should do the trick, I would say try to get 1000$ for that, junk yard will get you both of those for way less, maybe even painted.. .

Thats what you can see....What you can't see it the plastic strip, that the bumper is fastened to is wrecked, as well as the mounts to my headlight snapped. I'm going to get a quote from GM and a couple other "high priced" body shops in the area. Because he was so quick to say I'll pay for it, and didn't want to go through insurance, I'm really gonna try and sting him. Its a big company so I'm sure its not going to hurt them. I really want to get projection lights, so if I give them GM's price for the halogens they would let me get those for $300. GM will charge $400 to $500 for one.

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Matera97 View Post
    I'm really gonna try and sting him.
    Ha ha. That should work. When I wrecked my 01 I ended up milking 9k for the car with all my "custom" pieces n all. Unfortunately i had the car in my dad's name at the time and most of it never made it into my account.

Wow that's tough. So I got some crazy news, and some good news. GM quoted $5050.93. The hood was the biggest expence @ $1009 before tax. Than the hood, light than labor. The company that owned the bobcat that hit me also owns a few autobody shops, so he is going to foot the bill. He even said I could source some of the parts for him so he will actually save some money that way. The only thing is, he will probably only allow stock bumper and hood. He also is going to fix some of the stuff from the last paint job. Plus COR-Guard my car for free. Oh not to mention while my car is in the shop, he may let me have his C-Series Benz for 2 weeks!

You could always get your after-market pieces you want and she can just pay oem prices and you cover the difference. I'm sure it doesn't make much difference to him.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

It sounds like you lucked out with the party who accepts responsibility for fixing your car .... it's a shame you tried the screw them when they were willing to be straight forward and honest with you!

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    It sounds like you lucked out with the party who accepts responsibility for fixing your car .... it's a shame you tried the screw them when they were willing to be straight forward and honest with you!
    The way I understand it the guy who actually hit the car is having it fixed through one of his shops and having Metra source the parts for him, all while avoiding insurance, therefore the guy is getting off very easy. Second, it is up to the guy and if he decides he didn't want to pay what it would cost to have it professionally fixed he could decide to go through his/company insurance. Therefore, no one is getting screwed. Plain and simple.

Hazzard is exactly right. With me sourcing the parts, I'm going to save him probably 2-3 grand especially since he doesn't have to pay the labor charges. If he had gone through insurance, his premiums would have almost doubled. Plus most commercial insurance policies, have a $2000 to $3000 dollar deductable, so he would have to pay that anyways, and really he doesn't have much choice in the matter. My insurance company won't allow it to be writen off for 5k. They just paid 3K for a paint job! The only thing is now, my struts and mounts need to be replaced, they were never meant to hold up a 10,000lbs piece of equipment, now I'm getting knocks. So that is also being appraised. That won't be much though, $500 tops. I was kinda hoping, he'd just write me a cheque, so I could get everything I wanted, but I'm satisfied with just getting everything fixed. I'm going to try and be there for some of the process, and will post pics of it.

So the bobcat may not have the last laugh, here is a pic of my new front end, head lights have not been replaced yet, but are in the mail. Wasn't able to document the repairs, was to busy in the E-Class. So this is a quick snap shot I took with my phone. New driving lights, airdam, hood, bumper, bumper tracks, and I just need the headlights to be completed.

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Looks good!

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Looks fantastic, those new lights will set it off very nicely!

B-e-a-utiful

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.