drilled and slotted rotors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, drilled and slotted rotors in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i found these on ebay, drilled and slotted rotors ! i bought some rotors for my focus from the same ...
    freestyla is offline Cadillac Owners Member

drilled and slotted rotors

i found these on ebay, drilled and slotted rotors ! i bought some rotors for my focus from the same guy a couple of months ago, and they're pretty good quality. my question is that i have to get new pads and rotors on all four, so can this switch to performance rotors be easy. i read in this other thread that when this guy had his brakes done, he had to buy new sensors, would these senser work on these rotors? i hope its just an easy switch like my focus!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rollincatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: drilled and slotted rotors

not sure how it works...i actually just bought some myself about 2 weeks ago...still awaiting the shipment so I can put on the new performance pads with the new rotors all the way around. i'll be posting pictures of those, my new intake(no-name brand off ebay, $30, kick ass sound) i installed today and the 18's that i'm also still awaiting.

i also bought one of those "headlight renew" kits that takes off the yellowish/colorized crap that builds up on your headlights...

it only cost $4.99 and that was With the shipping. guys, this stuff actually works... of course it doesnt work as good as their pictures show(maybe i just dont know how to use the stuff correctly) but it made my headlights look 75% better/newer. for the cost i'd suggest getting this stuff if your concious about how your catera looks

_hp_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unless your brake pad wear light came on you shouldn't need new sensors.

so then it should just be a simple swap like any other car?

anyone, please help!

_hp_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes. Unbolt the bolt on the caliper, raise the caliper, take the old pads out. The sensor will be on the inner sensor, be careful when unplugging it, and then just put in the new ones.

valle1018 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Do you have to replace the sensors when replacing the rotors and the pads??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.