Catera Performance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera Performance in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello fellow cadillac Enthusiasts. I am in the process of starting a website/distributor/producer company dedicated to producing performance parts for ...
    Catera_Performance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Catera Performance

Hello fellow cadillac Enthusiasts.
    I am in the process of starting a website/distributor/producer company dedicated to producing performance parts for the cadillac catera.
    As im sure you know the catera is an exciting car, with a somewhat less than exciting aftermarket, putting it bluntly there IS no aftermarket beyond aesthetic and minor handling.

The website www.CateraPerformance.com will be going up in about a week or so, and on it will be, among other things, a series of polls desinged to indicate what level of enthusiasm there is for the catera.
    A car that started its life epitomized as a granny car, is now being traded in and devalued so it can begin a new life as a tuner car. these cars have lots of potential, although they are somewhat heavy and underpowered by new cars standards, i beleive, with the development of a viable aftermarket, it can be a competitor in every sense of the word.

I will be purchasing a catera within a week or so, just being held up by the dealership, and already have preliminary plans drawn up for a short ram intake system. Beyond that i have a exhaust shop waiting to recieve it so they can start designing headers, both products among many others hopefully will be available to the enthusiast.

Depending on feedback FROM owners, i will be involved in the development and marketing of:
    Cat back, and full headerback exhaust systems
    short ram and cold air intakes
    lightweight pulleys (tba)
    there is also the possibility of contacting steinmetz to produce and market their concept supercharger, or possibly developing a low pressure turbo or supercharger kit locally
    cts 5 speed transmission conversion
    carbon fibre hood

these are obviously preliminary plans, but when the website goes live i will update. thanks for the interest

Kris Milligan
    CateraPerformance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Catera Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Catera_Performance
    Hello fellow cadillac Enthusiasts.
    I am in the process of starting a website/distributor/producer company dedicated to producing performance parts for the cadillac catera.
    Welcome aboard.

I'm sure that you read the user agreement and that your company announcement was 'approved' by the administrator. bouncer:

But since you are the first Catera enthusiats to post here, I'll go easy on you this time.

Ohh, please don't cross post.

Be sure to post some pic's of your car when you get it.

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Catera?......Performance?.......Funny, I mean...Really funny!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Hi Kris.. Welcome aboard.. Your idea does sound interesting.. Just make sure you've read the User Agreement at www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html - Okay? Some of these rules are alittle strict but it's best to get these things straight from the very beginning..

Oh, and what HotRodSaint meant by "Cross Posting" was posting the same message in more than one forum. We try to avoid that here..

Otherwise.. I'd like to see some performance-aftermarket interest in the Catera. They're Cadillacs just like any other - and pretty nice as well. I wonder what kind of interest you can spark-up...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

scourge Guest

FINALLY! Someone has taken the challenge. Maybe people can become interested in the Catera. They are certainly becoming quite cheap to pick up. Now, I don't think they will ever become very popular among younger people (20-year-olds) as a car to customize, but it won't break my heart if it does. You do know that a Northstar can be swapped into a Catera, right?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Welcome!!!

Just dont start advertising on our site until you get Sal (admins) permission...... Last time that happened the guy got one post off before he was gone!!

But...... I will say that since you are an enthusiast trying to make the catera a fast car, i have to repsect you for that!! Good luck!!

Catera_Performance is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses.
    I took another look at the user agreement and will refrain from cross posting in the future.
    as to the advertising commercial aspect, i apologize if i broke any of the rules regarding that, and if and when this project goes live i will be more than happy to become a paid advertiser, but as it stands i was just trying to gauge interest.

Regards
    Kris Milligan
    Catera Performance

blackcat2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where is this website? I have tried to go there...doesn't work. What's up?

woodwine is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where Is The Website??????????

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

oh... my... god...

My dreams.. are they about to come true? LOL

GSXTurboing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So if the Catera (Omage B) and the GTO (Holden Monaro) are on the same platform then could I take the Ls1 from the GTO and put it in the Catera with little or no hassel?

miahcornell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think itd be a good idea. Personnaly, Id be interested in buying the 5spd conversion and a headerback exhaust, although getting a conversion kit together would be a pain.

To scourge, here at my college there are 3 other cateras that I see on a regular basis. The younger gen does like these cars!

Boris is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Great news.

If you want a cool exhaust Remus used to make one that sounded just right(I think they still do) and there was a whole bunch of stuff for the Omega in Germany a while back (Tip Autoteile Berlin was a good source).

The GTO was just like every other Commodore based on an Opel (older ones up to the VL were based on the Opel Record and Senator).
    The Commodore is overall a larger car and has more room in the engine bay.

If you do get some go-fast goodies together than count me in but Steinmetz wouldn't be my first choice.

Warez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    You do know that a Northstar can be swapped into a Catera, right?
    The Northstar is much to wide to fit. The LSx barely fits as it is and it's quite a bit narrower.

STIENMETZCATERA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

well if you guys are really intrested let me know, i will reveal a very good secret of mine, i have been holding i for a long time,a site with bodykits,mirrors,exhaust,tons of eyelids,reverse indiglo guages etc....let me know

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.