Cat custom grilles...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Cat custom grilles... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've noticed that, in perusing for a custom grille, the E&G Engineering Stainless "Z" Grille is one of the only ...
    Jayinmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cat custom grilles...

I've noticed that, in perusing for a custom grille, the E&G Engineering Stainless "Z" Grille is one of the only available billet grilles for the 2000-2001 Catera.

Question is, I've got a Platinum Sport, and the emblem/crest for it is black/silver...I'd love to score a color crest, like the ones available for the recent CTS grilles, but the only replacement crest/wreaths I've found are the OEM for my model.

Anyone know of any other custom grilles out there for the 2000-01 Sport, or any way I could get a color crest instead of a silver/black one?

Thanks,
    Jay

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: Cat custom grilles...

The only other place is Europe, and those dont have Cadillac symbols. They have Opel.

You could go to Ebay, buy a new age emblem and find someway to mount it in the current ones' spot.

That's very disheartening.

Although, I noticed on the newgmparts.com that there's two selections for grilles, a chrome and a black chrome...anyone have any pics of the differences? I figure since mine's a Platinum pkg, it would have the chrome grille...just curious if the black chrome version would look niftier.
    Here's the link--
    http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...01&catalogid=2

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

I dont recall them ever having two types of grille. Although that may not be so, i suppose you could see if it is different. You could also have your current grille powder coated and so on, at say a paint shop.

There's not a platinum package as far as i know. We all have non-coloured crests. Including me.

This car is based on a european model, practically nothing is available in the US -exterior appearance wise, and performance.

Thanks for the FYI, Jeff.

Looks like it'll stay black and silver.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.