Greetings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Greetings in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey crew, I'm new to the boards...wanted to introduce myself. I bought a 98' cat off the lot in beginning ...
    rollincatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Greetings

Hey crew,

I'm new to the boards...wanted to introduce myself. I bought a 98' cat off the lot in beginning of 98. My baby only had 21miles on it. I'm still driving it today, with 74k on it. Have taken care of this car like I do my son. interior is still showroom condition, exterior is machine polished/sealed every spring. change the oil every 2k miles..... have been quite lucky...only put about $2k into repairs since i've owned it. the car still looks and drive as it did when it had 10k on it.

today is the first day i've seen these forums...quite surprised that i havent found them earlier. i spent the entire day reading through the archives.(who wants to really work anyway).

one, i'd like to get some projector headlights...doesnt have to be hid. does anyone know where you can find projector lights for the catera? $$ not an issue...just want to get rid of the nasty normal headlights.

two, i need to replace both foglight assembly's...anyone know a cheap place to find them? i find it crazy to spend $150 per foglight at the dealership.

three, for you guys looking for white gauges...i dont have an exact replacement for white gauges...but i did replace all the bulbs in the instrument cluster with blue bulbs...sure does spice the inside of the car up. its cheap too.

four, i'd like a different grill on the car...any suggestions?

five, i've been told that i can only put cadillac factory wheels on the car? i'd like to scrap the 16's and put on 18's...or at least 17's...does anyone know if you can do that?

six, the header on my driver side went out...the light still comes on when you push the button...anyone have this problem and know what the fix is? i dont want to have to replace the entire seat to warm my fat caboos

i look forward to the community here at cadillacforums.com

i have some pictures of my cat(about 2years old)...i'm going to take some new ones in a few days and will post...will include the "blue" instrument cluster lights.

i also saw a post about someone wanting to add subs to his stock bose system. yes its done very easy...just use the line converter. all you need is an amp and a sub and the system will sound amazing.

anyone have a tv in their cat? i'd like to mount one but dont know how to mount it where i'd liek it. i want it where the sunroof would be(i dont have a sunroof).

anyways, i'm sure i'll have more questions later....

thanks in advance for reading and helpin out.

-jon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: Greetings

1. I see you wanted to buy rhbanda's ones.. email him instead of posting because he probably wont check it. He wants 800 .. i forget it if thats for each or complete.

2. Foglights.. whats wrong with them? The site i go to for some reason only shows things like the plastic covers etc.. so ill need more info maybe. Especially if they arent working. Ill search to find assembly's

3.Only place (now) to get them is from Europe, try here: http://www.irmscher.de/com/ go to Accessories Programme>Omega>Till 1999>Saloon>Accessories Programme> Exterior

4. No, you can get custom wheels; try tirerack.com , look up your model... the wheels they have there are ones that fit your car. 5x110 is the bolt pattern and 19 x 8.0 is the max size and width.

5. Heated Seats: It may be the relay or the element(s), Http://www.cadillac-parts-dealer.com has items like that.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Welcome to the forums by the way, sounds like youve got a nice Catera there. Despite the little problems right now..

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking for 18" chrome wheels for the cat. i'm having a hard time finding any 5x110 patterns..

anyone know where to look?

thanks

freestyla is offline Cadillac Owners Member

to replace the lights in the gauge cluster, what size bulbs did u use? did u also change the lights that light up the a/c knobs and stuff?

i used HL-194WK blue bulbs.bought them at the local walmart.

i'm still looking for a solution to fix the a/c/radio bulbs...does anyone know if those are changeable?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.