99 Catera Sport
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 99 Catera Sport in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all, I have a 99 Catera Sport and have had almost all of the problems that have been listed ...
    Soupermark is offline Cadillac Owners Member

99 Catera Sport

Hello all, I have a 99 Catera Sport and have had almost all of the problems that have been listed on previous threads. However, lately I have had the Sport indicator lamp flash. According to the owners manual you should "have your car serviced immediately" (Hard to do in Spain). After shutting down the car the light resets and doesn't come back. I was talking with a bud, and he told me that he had a similiar problem and that he had to replace a transmission module ($700.00). It just so happens that he totaled his car and I am able to scrounge parts from it right now! The question is, Where exactly is this module? Is this a part that can be moved from car to car? Does it require programming after installation?

One more question, if you have the famous "oil cooler" leak, where would be the best location to see it? Have noticed small puddles of oil and antifreeze beneath my car and on my starter and alternator...Could the oil cooler be the culprit? Any ideas???? Please let me know..

signed, STUCK in Spain with NO Cadi dealerships! Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 99 Catera Sport

In DESPERATE NEED of help!

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Quote Originally Posted by Soupermark
    Hello all, I have a 99 Catera Sport and have had almost all of the problems that have been listed on previous threads. However, lately I have had the Sport indicator lamp flash. According to the owners manual you should "have your car serviced immediately" (Hard to do in Spain). After shutting down the car the light resets and doesn't come back. I was talking with a bud, and he told me that he had a similiar problem and that he had to replace a transmission module ($700.00). It just so happens that he totaled his car and I am able to scrounge parts from it right now! The question is, Where exactly is this module? Is this a part that can be moved from car to car? Does it require programming after installation?

One more question, if you have the famous "oil cooler" leak, where would be the best location to see it? Have noticed small puddles of oil and antifreeze beneath my car and on my starter and alternator...Could the oil cooler be the culprit? Any ideas???? Please let me know..

signed, STUCK in Spain with NO Cadi dealerships! Mark
    Instead of guessing, have the transmission diagnosed.. any advanced mechanic with the right tools should be able to do this.. general places that do diagnostic work etc. You cant see the oil cooler leak, but that could be the heater valve. To replace the heater coolant valve.. you have to drop the transmission because its behind the engine and then its easier to get at. The oil, could just be an engine seal (oil, main rear seal etc) problem with the car.

The heater valve...is that the valve just behind the air intake manifold near the firewall? If so, I replaced that a few months' ago. It's nomenclature was the temp cntrl valve...it has 3 hoses. As far as the oil leak I have no change in quantity, which is steering me toward just a coolant leak. Transmission sport light hasn't come on (flashed) in about two weeks now...I have thoroughly tore into this wrecked catera and for the life of me I have not found the ODBC or transmission module...Thanks Jeff hollar back if you have any ideas!

Kip
    Kip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Please some1 help. Recently my coolant light came on, when I parked the car the coolant came flushing out of the bottom of the car, by the manifold. The mechanic said that a heater hose needed to be replaced. Reluctantly I gave him the $400. This morning the same thing happened again. I'm already tired of getting bamboozled out of $ I don't have. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.