'01 vs '98 deck lid
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, '01 vs '98 deck lid in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi there, I need to know a thing...., is a 01 Catera deck lid the same than a '98 Catera ...
    Pega_de is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Omega B

'01 vs '98 deck lid

Hi there,

I need to know a thing...., is a 01 Catera deck lid the same than a '98 Catera deck lid, or what is the different between this to lid?

Thanks a lot

Marco

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Re: '01 vs '98 deck lid

I always thought that the height of the actual lights was different so while the lids may be identical, when you install the 01 lid next to the 97-99 quarter pannel tail lights you will notice the difference... it will look out of shape.

Best bet is to ship a lid and lights form europe, or trade the US one with someone from over ther... it will cost over 100$ but it will make your catera very unique....

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Pega_de View Post
    I need to know a thing...., is a 01 Catera deck lid the same than a '98 Catera deck lid, or what is the different between this to lid?
    I take it you're hoping to use it on an Omega B. Which model year Omega B? Both lids are interchangeable as far as fit. The main difference are the lights. The pre-facelift Catera ('97-'99) has a wide band of lights and reflectors across the lid. The facelift ('00-'01) has 2 separate sets at the left & right corners that match the ones on the fenders. Notice that the Facelift Catera has the red lenses at the top where the Pre-Facelift Catera has the red at the bottom. If you want to use the Pre-Lift Catera lid you can use it on both a Pre-Lift Omega B and a Facelift Omega B. To use a Facelift Catera lid on a Facelift Omega B you'll need the Catera's fender tail lights.

('97-'99) ('00-'01)

PS: Remember, the pre-lift Catera and Omega share the same fender lights. Only the trunk/boot lights are different. I have pictures of a guy in Pittsburg that converted his pre-lift Catera into a Pre-Lift Omega using an Omega boot lid and lights. They match up perfectly. The Facelift Catera and Facelift Omega lights have the same shape but the lens colors are reversed.

my Omega is an '98. I have found a '00 Catera lid. But the seller means '98 and '00 lids are not interchangable. But I think that he don't really knows that ^^

A complete set of tail lights I ve got a few weeks ago on ebay (left/middle/right and brake light), but now I need the lid deck and a "C" of the Cadillac letters, anyone has stolen this letter on shipping to Germany :-/ .

Thanks to all of you for this informations about the drunk deck

Also the Euro Trunk lid wont fit the US tail lights they are entirely different.

Swappign 97-99 lights on 00-01 wont work either, just trace that fender line to the rear of teh car and you will see that the pre 99 lights are shorter then the post 00 cars...

If you swap euro lid from the pre 99 everything should work out for you but making 00 lights fit on pre 99 will be a night mare.

Post some pics of your car when you get a chance.

Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pega_de View Post
    my Omega is an '98. I have found a '00 Catera lid. But the seller means '98 and '00 lids are not interchangable. But I think that he don't really knows that ^^
    CateraMV6 is right. The '00-'01 Catera tail lights will not fit a '98 Omega fender. Not without major body work. Sorry. Yes the facelift lid will bolt on a prelift car with no trouble but the lights won't.

I think for a US 97-99 Catera the best mod would be the Omega lid with the euro lights. That will set off the car from all the other cateras and make it that much more unique.

I sent a pair of the 00-01 lights to a friend in the UK who attempted to install them on his 01 Omega but he had a body shop do some major cutting on the lid to make them fit, he was happy but doubt he will ever go through the trouble again.

If you find a decent shipping deal with Omega lids please share with us, I would love to further upgrade my rear end...

Seeing as he owns an Omega I think he already has an Omega lid. He's obviously going for a Catera conversion. I think he wants the '00-'01 Catera look on his '98 Omega hence the question regarding the '00-'01 Catera lid.

For the record, the '00-'01 Catera hood/bonnet will bolt onto your '98 Omega but the headlights and bumper cover won't clear it. (in case you were thinking about changing the front too)

Yes, I would replace my Omega lid with a Catera lid. The Catera tail lights are here ^^. I only would converse to Catera 98 look.

But on friday I have phone with our DMV, because before I order a lid in the usa for a lot of money, I need to know it is legal or not legal to use Catera tail lights here in Germany. The end of the story....., 3 different people says, it is 100% not legal, in Germany we do need a "E" sign on all parts, the Catera tail lights only have a "Dot" sign. German rulez sucks, but it's a daily driven car, and to much risk to use not allowed parts.

If anybody needs Omega parts, or whatever....., write me

Kodan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega Caravan 2.6 V6 Onyx | 2002 | Automaat | Irmscher.

Quote Originally Posted by elvin315 View Post
    For the record, the '00-'01 Catera hood/bonnet will bolt onto your '98 Omega but the headlights and bumper cover won't clear it. (in case you were thinking about changing the front too)
    This mine conversion of my Pre Facelift Omega 1998 Caravan to a Facelift model (the short version)
    Here you can see are all mine upgrades My Garage (its in Dutch only

Original 1998 Omega

Still with the old bonnet, with the Facelift bumper and headlights, the grill won't fit any more.

New Facelift bonnet

Ready with Irmscher grill and Irmscher bumper lip.
    The Irmscher grill is replaced for one with a chrome frame.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by CateraMV6 View Post
    If you find a decent shipping deal with Omega lids please share with us, I would love to further upgrade my rear end...
    There are a lot of sellers in Germany or The Netherlands who have Omega's lids Pre an Facelift for sale.

Peter

Lovely looking Omega you got there... and I checked out that forum you posted, there is a ton of good info there, too bad I cant read any of it...

Wish there was an easier way for us to swap parts with you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by CateraMV6 View Post
    Lovely looking Omega you got there...
    Thanks
    I am not finished, need to do some upgrades.
    We are a group off Omega nuts

and I checked out that forum you posted, there is a ton of good info there, too bad I cant read any of it...
    You can try the quick Google translation, or if you need some more info about a topic please let me know I will translate it for you.

Wish there was an easier way for us to swap parts with you guys...
    I buy stuff in the US and let them send to me, I am sure it works the other way. If I can I will help you if you need something.

Peter

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.