new here, have questions on 2000 Catera - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, new here, have questions on 2000 Catera in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well, I've been letting the Cat sit on the lift, with a 50 - 50 mix of 5w30 and marvel ...
    Jea3cd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 Catera

Re: new here, have questions on 2000 Catera

Well, I've been letting the Cat sit on the lift, with a 50 - 50 mix of 5w30 and marvel mystery oil for about 20 minutes at a time, 3 times a day for the last few days.

A few of the old timer techs came over to take a listen, and they think I might be an injector, not a lifter.

The car is quiet at first start, or when cold. That's when we have over 60 psi oil pressure. But once the car warms up, it sounds like a lifter, and oil pressure is at 22.9 psi, which is within specs to the 3.0L

Now the good news. The rear main is no longer leaking. The valve covers have seemed to stop as well. The only oil leak I see now is the filter housing, at the block. New gaskets on the way for that now.

TitanCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Don't worry about the lifter tick unless it's really loud. My car has that same issue when it's fully warmed up. I would have replaced all my lifters but since they go for $42 a PIECE and there's 24 of em, i'm all set.

I hear ya TitanCTS.

Well, we drove the car home yesterday. Runs great, other than the lifter noise. I've pulled the ABS module out, and I'm shipping that off to be rebuilt. We've stopped all the big oil leaks now. I have a set of front GTO calipers and brackets. I'll be painting them in the next week or so.

Anyone know a good slotted rotor to put on the front?

Had a new windshield installed yesterday also.

Tried to repair my fog lights. Can't seem to find out why they aren't working atm. The relay is working, my indicator on the dash says they're on, but no power to the bulbs. I need to look closer under the front end. If you remember at the beggining of this tread, I got the car with the front end torn off. I'll look closer at the wires up in the nose.

I'm also looking for a spoiler for the car, nothing big, just something to break up the rear end.

I got my GTO Calipers and brackets on the way. Paid $36 for them. I also got a spoiler for the car.

Now the rotors. The ABS module will go out today, for rebuild. Windows might get tinted today also, not sure though.

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Where did you get the GTO calipers for that cheap?

Ebay

Well, no tint today, but got a set of new V Rated tires. I forget the name, but it was all my buddies shop had in stock. 225 / 55 / 16

They look good. I only replaced 2 tires, the other 2 look almost new. Those are the Kumos HP4. They are in the rear. Car feels good, and lots of power. Transmission is acting up, but I'll service it tomorrow at work. We have a nice little machine that will allow me to really top off this trans.

I have decided to get a 3.2L for it. I'm waiting for my dad's company in MD, with a 03 CTS that they're pulling the engine out of, to take it off his hands. It has 58K on it. The car is wrecked, but they only need the shell of the car. I'll get that engine on a stand, and freshen it up, paint it, and install it.

My engine still has this lifter noise. When I'm in the car, I can't hear it. I only hear it, if my windows are down, and I pull up to something, like another car at a red light. Then I hear it really loud.

I just turn up the radio for now.

I cleaned up the inside of the car again. I'll get some pictures up soon.

I got a set of rotors, slotted and drilled. They go on when the Calipers are ready. My friends body shop will paint the calipers. They might go to my old CNC's to get something engraved on them before going in.

GTO Calipers showed up today. Paid $31.00 plus shipping for them on Ebay.

Didn't get to the Trans today. Wanted to get home, and finish up inside the car. I had some bad black marks on the drivers door panel, and they wouldn't come out. I tried the Mr. Clean magic eraser. It worked. But it also took the clear off, which was messed up anyways.

I do have another question, with my Bose.

Once in a while, it will cut out. I think its mostly when playing a CD. I also have an issue with setting the Base. Its always turned way up. I lower it, and it sounds good, then just seconds later, its turned back up. Is there a set button, or am I having a radio issue?

Before pictures of the brakes:

Got my ABS module back, from getting it rebuilt. Installed it today, and everything is seems to be working. The ABS light, and traction light are off, and my speedo is working again. Thanks for the tips guys.

Still waiting on my rotors.

The car no longer just hangs at the rev limiter, it shifts on time, and quick, since the ABS mod is working. Problem is, I love the exhaust note when it's in the upper RPM range. That isn't helping the injector, or lifter noise. I think one of the oil leaks is back, most likely valve covers. I'm not worried about it, since a 3.2 is going in. I found a local chassis dyno, and I'm going to go get a base line in the next week or so. I've picked up a shimmy up in the front, with the new tires. I'll take care of that first, then head over to the dyno.

Before cleaning and paint

Cleaned, Painted, and new Rotors. I got new bleeders and hardware for the Calipers today. I'll get new brake lines tomorrow.

Where did you buy the rotors from? Are you installing corvette pads or the GTO ones?

Where are you getting the brake lines from?

I'm thinking of getting rotors from this website.

http://brakeperformance.com/site/bra...0410&ad=direct

or

http://www.brakeperformance.com/

Thanks.

Hi,

Are you using the GTO pads or the corvette ones? Which year corvette pads fits in the GTO calipers?

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.