Sick 3.0L Exhaust Clip
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Sick 3.0L Exhaust Clip in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXF63dZuhlE"]YouTube - omega v6 exahust[/ame] Not much is said in the description but this is either 2.5/2.6 or 3.0/3.2L motor... ...
    CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Sick 3.0L Exhaust Clip

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXF63dZuhlE"]YouTube - omega v6 exahust[/ame]

Not much is said in the description but this is either 2.5/2.6 or 3.0/3.2L motor... out of the Omega... exact copy of the one in the Catera...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

Re: Sick 3.0L Exhaust Clip

wow....sounds like mine but a little bit better!! i'd like to know how fast thier goin' looks like 100+

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidercaddy View Post
    wow....sounds like mine but a little bit better!! i'd like to know how fast thier goin' looks like 100+
    Maybe 100 KPH but not MPH. The noise just makes it seem fast. He never has a straight long enough to get over 60 MPH until the end. He lifts before every turn. He's probably braking too. There are at least 3 turns that are little more than slight bends in the road that, with faith his tires, he could take flat out. At least that's how I'd do it. His shifts are sloppy too. That's assuming it's a 5 speed since my tranny doesn't shift like that.
    • Turn 1 > (Sharp Left) Just after pulling out of his parking space, he hasn't accelerated to the point where he has to lift completely for the turn. No power to the rear wheels creates a push (understeer) condition. Keeping some power through the turn helps brings the rear around (oversteer) setting up the exit. Gradually feeding more power at the apex finishes the turn.

• Turn 2 > (Right Kink) The next turn could be taken without lifting at all. Trust the tires.

• Turn 3 > (Sharp Left) Maintain straightaway speed as long as you dare then brake straight and hard before entering turn. Release brake, gradually applying throttle around the apex to bring the rear around (oversteer). Feed her more throttle past the apex all the way to the exit. No need to cross the centerline. Be careful not to give her too much or she'll swap ends.

• Turn 4 & 5 > Two more kinks which could've been taken faster leading to what appears to be a long straight until vid ran out.

R-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green

Man, I can't wait to get a video camera...

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Quote Originally Posted by R-Caddy View Post
    Man, I can't wait to get a video camera...
    Man I cant wait for you to get a video camera so I can hear your beast... You have been teasing me long enough as it is...

Mine is no where nearly as loud as that... in fact its fairly quite and only rumbles in the 2-3k under load... then it quiets down for those high speed sprints... or at least it seems so from inside the car... I have never had anyone else drive or listen to the car at higher speeds to tell me what they hear...

Either way this was a fun little video, and the sounds of that car sure can make a grown up man feel warm and cozy on the inside... < this may have come out gay but I loved watching that thing over and over again..

Black02SLPSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

That actually doesnt sound half bad. I was quite suprised by it. Now can anyone tell me how to get a catera to sound like this??
    http://www.gmmginc.net/media/Video/ChamberedExhaust.php

That may be a little tough to pull off haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.