Cadillac Catera Sport & Steinmetz Concept Road Test
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Cadillac Catera Sport & Steinmetz Concept Road Test in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Not much more to say... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdOzQHiJi94"]YouTube - MW 2000: Cadillac Catera Sport & Steinmetz Concept Road Test[/ame]...
    CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Cadillac Catera Sport & Steinmetz Concept Road Test

Not much more to say...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdOzQHiJi94"]YouTube - MW 2000: Cadillac Catera Sport & Steinmetz Concept Road Test[/ame]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Cadillac Catera Sport & Steinmetz Concept Road Test

So much for their opinion that "Cadillac intends the Catera to have a long and popular!" My wife had a 2000 Catera under GM's 30 month lease program. In my opinion the car was a steal at the $31,000. price tag and a monthly lease of $297.00 ..... just don't keep it when the lease runs out; the blue book was about $3000. below the lease buy out figure. After warranty repair cost were goimg to be very high for the car and it was obvious Cadillac had already "orphaned" the Catera. They are very cheap to buy in as old used acars for a good reason they have problems and parts are expensive abd not always available.

Black02SLPSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Interesting. Where do you get that supercharger again?

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS View Post
    Interesting. Where do you get that supercharger again?
    It was a European Steinmetz option just the way Hennesey and Saleen are for our American Cars...

I am not sure how many they made but I think that there were only a hand full of them, if I had to guess probably between 20-50 units ever made... sales seemed slow so they discontinued them.

In fact I have only ever seen pictures of 2 or 3 cars with that supercharger.

Every now and then one will pop up on the European Ebay and then it will be bought for some outrageous amount of money...

At that point it will be cheaper to do a full engine swap rather then deal with an engine that has no aftermarket development at all...

I believe a Supra Engine swap will end up costing less per HP then this supercharger...

However a 278hp out of the box would have been much nicer for this car out of the factory..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.