2000 Catera Air Conditioner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 2000 Catera Air Conditioner in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Would someone please explain to me the problem with the Air Conditioning System in the 2000 Catera. I recently purchased ...
    JLay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2000 Catera Air Conditioner

Would someone please explain to me the problem with the Air Conditioning System in the 2000 Catera. I recently purchased the car and can't
    seem to get the AC working properly. It never gets cold enough.
    It seems to be ok when you use it at lower temps early in the
    morning but as the day goes on it warms up here in Mississippi
    but the AC doesn't seem to catch up with the heat. It will blow
    cool air but not cold and seems to stay on high all the time trying
    to cool. The dealership says nothing is wrong with the AC,
    I know better. It's also full of freon. I would appreciate any
    help I can get.

Thanks,

JLay
    jlay@jam.rr.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carjunky25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2000 Catera Air Conditioner

We purchased our 2000 in December, and we have the same problem. It blows cool but not cold. The dealer claims to have found a leak in our compressor and replaced it under warranty. There doesn't seem to be any difference from the old compressor and I am wondering if we should be looking for another problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

Seek_Low is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cater 2000

Having same problem Any suggestions ?

Greg_Zeboray is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here's all I can offer: after my compressor went out I had a new one (along with dryer) put in ... within two weeks I experienced the same as you, and my guy determinted some sensor had gone bad (can't recall the name). $80.00 later I've had the best A/C I've ever had! Been over a month so that must have been it.

Any one else - Pulled the EBTCM, the rebuilder was closed for 10 days vacation, then the post office lost the package back for 10 days, the car was disassembled - radiator drained, hose missing, battery out, power plugs disassembled and power steering reservoir removed for four weeks. When I put it all back together the air didn't' work

Since I was able to determine the compressor was engaging - Purchased some R134A recharge - So far it seems better, haven't had occasion to drive it except to find a replacement "dust cover" since it was leaking around the Schrader valve.

Other sights suggest just letting the "dust cover" do the work - Not sure if I want to invest $ 40 in a tool to change a $ 2.00 part

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Ours air flow plenum stopped working in the winter. So the passenger side blew cold air all winter long while driver side was just warm. Maybe the airflow plenum isn't closing and all that nice humid air is being sucked into the car and it can't cool it enough.

makeitsnappy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 91 deville,98 catera

Have you tried the air cabin recirculation button that has the two arrows pointing to each other. This button closes a damper door that allows fresh filtered uncooled air constantly into the cabin, with it activated it closes the door allowing your system too more efficiently cool the cabin. Just a thought it could be something different altogether.

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    I have same thing. Getting ready to by changing gauge to see how is my pressure doing. And today my gf find out that vent on passenger side close to the door almost not blowing ......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.