Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Shift Lock Solenoid + Idle issues in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Guys, New to this. I have a 98 Catera with 66000 KM (Canadian). I bought this car about 1.5 ...
- 07-09-04 04:00 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2004
Shift Lock Solenoid + Idle issues
Hi Guys, New to this. I have a 98 Catera with 66000 KM (Canadian).
I bought this car about 1.5 years ago from the dealer and am the second owner.
I have 3 issues which I hope someone can shed some light on.
1. Can shift from park into drive. The little locking mechanism which is supposed to get released when the break is applied does not release. I have to manually over ride it buy opening up the leather casing around the shifter and pressing the yellow release tab.
Dealer says the solenoid is failing. Any one else having or has had this problem?
2. When the car is almost warm or sometimes even after its been driven for sometime has an idle problem. When in drive or park, the car sits and idles at 500 RPM. Then it drops down to 250 and then back up to 500.
3.Radiator fluid is leaking. Took it to a GM dealer which deals with Cadillac. They said its the Engine Oil cooler seal leaking. They then quoted me a $1900.00 Job saying that the whole cooling system needed to get replaced??????
Took it to another GM dealer and they said Heater valve and lower heater hose are leaking. They quoted me around $450 of which one of these parts is covered by GMPP.
PLS help. No idea what #3 is about.
- 07-09-04 04:56 PM #2
Re: Shift Lock Solenoid + Idle issuesOriginally Posted by Mushroom
2. Does it go back and forth continuiously? Or just once out of park. Still, it could be the EGR valve sticking or the IAC. (IAC Cleaning tutorial:
3. Depending on where the leak is, the heater valve is becomming a common problem on 97-98 cateras. That may be it.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts