extended warranty
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, extended warranty in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I purchased a 2000 Catera last year and the short extended warranty I purchased with it will expire approximately Sept. ...
    marc4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question extended warranty

I purchased a 2000 Catera last year and the short extended warranty I purchased with it will expire approximately Sept. 2004. I am considering another GM extended warranty for $2300.00. I need to know if I should purchase this warranty or just take my chances on future repairs. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: extended warranty

Usually the factory warranty, right from GM is the best bet for insuring that you get all the repairs done that it specifies. I believe its called the GM Protection Plan. With this car, its worth getting one from GM so that if you need say an Oil cooler in the future, your going to a GM shop that knows best about your car.

Repairs on this car are very expensive, even if its a small item.

You could go with a third party warranty company but your taking a big risk if you do, but sometimes it can turn out for the good. I wouldnt do it for this car, if it were me.

Heres some things people have discussed about this issue, keep in mind that most Cadillacs cost just as much to replace items on ours as it does theirs.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=13905

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=3955

You can search the fourms if you want, for more threads related to warranty things.

marc4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I feel more confident about going forward with the GM extended warranty.

cattydrvr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is the oil coolant covered by the GM service warranty? I have the warranty & my oil coolant needs repair. I went to get an oil change 2 weeks ago & they found the oil coolant problem, they offered to get it repaired for $800 saying that my GM service warranty doesnt cover it. Does anyone know for sure?

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

It may depend on what features you got covered under your warranty.

If you had a full powertrain warranty, that would cover it...id think. Ill research some more.

cattydrvr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I dont know 'bout these people man they recalled the oil coolant they SHOULD fix it. Anyone get this problem fixed successfullly? Thanks JeffreyG.

tryn2befree is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Has anyone ever heard or had dealings with "Continental Warranty", they're trying to sell me this sweet deal of an warranty plan for $2k for a full BTB warranty...is this company reputable?? Any help appreciated!!!

NJ_Catera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Stay away from Wynn's Extended Warranty.......I've read a lot of bad stuff about them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.