Upping my Wheel & Tire size..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Upping my Wheel & Tire size.. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm tryingto upgrade from my stock 16'inch wheels and tires on my 97 Catera, you guys have any ideas on ...
    D.Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Upping my Wheel & Tire size..

I'm tryingto upgrade from my stock 16'inch wheels and tires on my 97 Catera, you guys have any ideas on a good 17'inch setup? thanks in advance.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Upping my Wheel & Tire size..

Come onGuys, I know someone here can help me out . Also What year did the Catera have 17inch wheels?

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Ok.. in 2000-2001 the Catera had the sport package (aside from the 98-99 version). This one had the 17 inch monoblock design wheels. The Catera -no matter what year, can handle 19 inch wheels max.

19 x 8.0 is the biggest Bolt pattern is 5x110

Thanks, i've been checking everywhere and everyone tells me that 5X110 is hard to find, and i would have to make some mod's before i can get another wheel to fit is this true?

That is true that 5x110 is odd sized, but thats not to say that there are wheels out there with that specific bolt pattern... just not many and they may not be to your liking- style wise. You could modify it, like they suggested.

Any of you guy's know any sites where i can find wheels for this car? It's mad hard, everywhere i check they say they don't have anything . Also if you guys know a specific wheel that will fit please let me know.

Also how hard would it be to upgrade my braking system to maybe a 2000 if the lug setup isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Boy
    Any of you guy's know any sites where i can find wheels for this car? It's mad hard, everywhere i check they say they don't have anything . Also if you guys know a specific wheel that will fit please let me know.

Also how hard would it be to upgrade my braking system to maybe a 2000 if the lug setup isn't the same.
    http://www.tirerack.com

http://www.discounttire.com

The wheels they show there, are ones that fit your car.

If your speaking brake discs, they make them specific bolt size to your car, there are various places ... like on tirerack there, they have options to get drilled/slotted brakes and nicer pads for the Catera. EBC makes drilled/slotted rotors and also hi-performance "Green stuff" brake pads. Look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG
    http://www.tirerack.com

http://www.discounttire.com

The wheels they show there, are ones that fit your car.

If your speaking brake discs, they make them specific bolt size to your car, there are various places ... like on tirerack there, they have options to get drilled/slotted brakes and nicer pads for the Catera. EBC makes drilled/slotted rotors and also hi-performance "Green stuff" brake pads. Look pretty good.
    Thanks so much man and they are hella cheap to, if push comes to shove i can always have them dipped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.