Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Coolant,Oil problem

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  CaddyMD 
#1 ·
I've been getting problems with my coolant by the top of the tank has a residue of a gel like substance. We ended up flushing out the whole system and placing fresh Dex-cool back in. The problem is alot better than before but there always a little bit of left that comes back every couple of weeks. Then i noticed that i was low in oil. So i unscrew the cap to put the oil in. What i see is a orange like pudding substance lining the tube. But the dipstick is fine and has none of this substance. If this stuff in my engine now but why isnt it on the dipstick? Any help guys?

#13 ·
here's what mine dide..
white/milky sludge down oil filler tube
loosing coolant after a couple rides
smoking (white) from driver side and leaking coolant toward back of engine drivers side (at times)
solution:
buy "complete" oil cooler off ebay @ $355 (shipping included)
pay someone to put it on for you

#14 ·
Actually I just checked both problems areas that I was having and its actually looking better somehow. I mean every time I check it i clean both areas and wipe everything down. It looks like it not as severe as before. I still wanna replace the thing soon.

The problems that I was having with mine is above on my first post but as far as I can tell Im not really losing any coolant at all I cant tell a difference.But I never had white smoke come out of anywhere. The one thing I have noticed is it seems because of this problem my mpg in the car has gone down. Does anybody know of any good deals for the oil cooler(engine one) because it their multiple one for like transmission and something else any help guys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.