Cadillac Owners Forum banner

battery problems

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  shakushinnen 
#1 ·
Hi,
Over the years I've had a lot of dead battery situations with my '99 Catera. Now I have a new, a couple of months old, battery, and yesterday morning it was dead as a door nail. Is this a common problem with this car? If so, how can I remedy it?
Thanks,
...... john

#3 ·
Hi,
The garage, that changed it, said that they had tested the system when they put the new battery in, so I guess the answer is yes. They have the car now, so we'll see what they say. I had a couple of people tell me the problem is that I don't drive the car often enough, or far enough, and as a result the battery never really recharges. But this time I had just taken it on a 200 mile trip.
.... john

#4 ·
battery problems - update

Well, the mechanic said that the module (relay) which controls my door lights, trunk light, etc was causing these lights to go off and on erratically, and that this is why my battery is occassionally being drained. I have the module ($150CDN) and the board has A06651Zd Delphi 9739 written on it. It appears to be made up of 4 relays on a circuit board. That's it. We'll see if he was right.
Thanks for your help.
..... john

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.