help! hood differences
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, help! hood differences in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hows it going guys? My girfriend recently got into a small accident. her hood is a bit messed up and ...
    kurazy kracka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

help! hood differences

Hows it going guys?
    My girfriend recently got into a small accident. her hood is a bit messed up and i found a 98 cat hood locally in the same color for a decent price.
    Her car is a 01. my question is will a 98 hood fit onto the 01 and if so was the gold paint code from 98 the same used in 01?
    I've been reading around on here trying to find the answer and have read about some of the differences between years but nothing that answers this thus far.

I'm not much of a cadillac guy so don't know too much about these cars other than that they have a bunch of electric gremlins. (dealt with the crank sensor on her.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JRomano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Catera

Re: help! hood differences

Quote Originally Posted by kurazy kracka View Post
    Hows it going guys?
    My girfriend recently got into a small accident. her hood is a bit messed up and i found a 98 cat hood locally in the same color for a decent price.
    Her car is a 01. my question is will a 98 hood fit onto the 01 and if so was the gold paint code from 98 the same used in 01?
    I've been reading around on here trying to find the answer and have read about some of the differences between years but nothing that answers this thus far.

I'm not much of a cadillac guy so don't know too much about these cars other than that they have a bunch of electric gremlins. (dealt with the crank sensor on her.)
    You need an 00-01 hood... or you need a 97-99 hood/grille/bumper/headlights

gunther1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

To answer your question, No its not the same. However that was a minor update in 2000 but as stated above you need a few more parts to take it back in time to a 97-99 and might just want to locate the "new" style hood.

kurazy kracka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

damn gotcha. i was lookin at n comparing pics of the 2 n now see what you mean.

no one would happen to have a gold 00-01 hood within 150 miles of D.C. would they?

Southern-Hospitality is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'd worry more about getting the hood, you can always have a good autobody place paint it for you.

Keep calling around the junkyards and what not, you'll find one soon or a later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.