Is it possible to put a Northstar in a Cimarron?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Is it possible to put a Northstar in a Cimarron? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok I admit I am fairly ignorant when it comes to the installation/replacement of engines, so I don't know if ...
    King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

Is it possible to put a Northstar in a Cimarron?

Ok I admit I am fairly ignorant when it comes to the installation/replacement of engines, so I don't know if this is even possible or not. I'm still looking for a Cimarron and cannot find one near me, but I kinda have the idea of putting a Northstar engine in it if I find one. Can someone tell me if this is possible? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Re: Is it possible to put a Northstar in a Cimarron?

All the Cimmarons committed suicide. Just find a nice Eldorado with a Northstar already in it.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a last year mint condition Cimarron.. I'm not sure a Northstar would fit in one, though..
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

CDConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadillac Deville Concours

Someone put a Nortstar in a Cavalier recently. It was on a j body site. Since their related I'd say it's possible, I'm sure you'll have to do a lot of fabrication. Also the trans in the 1985 HT4100 FWD Deville is related to the trans in the Cimarron, so an HT4900 would be an easier option.

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

I'm a Catera owner and know nothing about the Cimarron but the idea of a Northstar swap intrigued me. I found this on the J-Body Forum. I don't know what generation Cavalier it is nor do I know if it matters in regards to a Cimarron but the pictures illustrate the swap. Looks very fabrication intensive.

click for J-Body Forum

CDConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadillac Deville Concours

The cars a third generation Z24 Coupe 1995-1999. In 1995 they redesigned the whole body in and out increased the wheelbase. As I understand the Sub frame never changed. Third gens never even offered a V6 but owners use 1st and 2nd gen parts and they bolt up. This swap looks like a lot of work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.