Help needed quick - Need left and right headlamp assembly for '99 Catera
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Help needed quick - Need left and right headlamp assembly for '99 Catera in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 1999 turkey... I mean Catera... didn't pass state inspection because the headlamp adjustors are both busted and the headlamp ...
    Murano20155 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '99 Catera and a CTS-V wagon (I wish)

Help needed quick - Need left and right headlamp assembly for '99 Catera

My 1999 turkey... I mean Catera... didn't pass state inspection because the headlamp adjustors are both busted and the headlamp assemblies are jiggling around like cafeteria jello. The mechanic told me I need two complete headlamp assemblies. Another option is finding the individual adjustors and he thinks that is highly unlikely (however, I have yet to call the local Cadillac dealer to see if the adjustors are available anywhere). I have 15 days to drive around with the rejection sticker before it's illegal for me to drive the car, so I need to get the issue fixed and the car re-inspected before then.

Does anyone know of somewhere that sells the entire assembly? I really don't have the money right now to order through a dealer and pay through the nose for the install. Thank God my father-in-law has been "mechanicing" for 40 years and could do the job in 30 minutes with the parts.

Personally, I'd prefer to push this car into a swamp and light it on fire for all the issues it has. I bought it for $3k as an additional four-door to accomodate having our first child, and it appears I'm getting my money's worth.

Thanks so much for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Southern-Hospitality is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Help needed quick - Need left and right headlamp assembly for '99 Catera

Not sure if these are still available but they would be quite a nice upgrade.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1647559

Murano20155 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '99 Catera and a CTS-V wagon (I wish)

Thanks, Southern-Hospitality. Those are really nice headlights! However, I think I'm going to go the used route. I found a used auto parts company in L.A. that'll sell and ship the complete assemblies to me for $204 total. I just hope they'll get here this weekend so my dad-in-law can pop them in. Plus, I really don't care about this car enough to put those fancy lights in

Southern-Hospitality is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

haha yea i wanted the black ones, but they won't fit my 2001.

Good luck hope it passes the test!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.