Extra key fobs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Extra key fobs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone bought an extra remote lock/trunk Caddy key fob off of ebay. And if so, what is the cost ...
    kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Extra key fobs

Has anyone bought an extra remote lock/trunk Caddy key fob off of ebay. And if so, what is the cost to program it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Re: Extra key fobs

i believe it's either 50, or 90 to program. i forget for sure. But there's two numbers that have to match up between the car and the fob. You'll have to go to the dealer to get those numbers. Otherwise, i think it's like 150 or 200 from the dealer for just the fob itself.

you can call and ask when they're open, they usually have those numbers pretty ready at hand.

Got to get another one. I will try to match the product numbers on the back to see what I get. Toyota charges like $60, but I was told that you can program it yourself with a sequence of events with the car. Never done it and not sure if it works.

i know programing the key is different than most other cars, and it has to be done at the dealer, but i don't know for sure about a fob, i doubt it'd be in the shop manual but i'll take a look tomorrow when i wake up, it's been a long night....

Good point. It was the Toyota key that I had to get programed an not the fob. I also have caddy shop manuals, but the hardest thing to find is detailed info on small issues. I can't find out how to take the armrest apart to fix the cup holder whenever it just decides to pop out. Not sure if it is broken or just dirty.

1998catera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Shopping!

I'm not sure about programming, but the fob is around $70. I priced it in Marion, Indiana at a Cadillac dealer.

maybe it was around 150 for fob + programing.... I forget for sure, too many nights ago

whosazso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Catera

I just bought a #2 used 16259819 fob in great shape for my 99 Catera from seller siera456 who has a store on Ebay Motors. Needed a battery $1.80. Paid $34.99 w/free s&h and a buck or two more for insurance. Our local Caddie Dealer charged $40 to program. Give siera456 a call. He'll have the RKE for your car.

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Many of the local Locksmiths will have a tool that can program both keys and remotes...

The catera being that its a european model (OMEGA) it has some high tech security systems and basically they need to hook up a Tech II Tool to it, and program the ECU of the car to recognize the serial number on the remote control or the chip in the key...

Once you do that he car knows that the particular item has proper security permitions to activate specific functions in the car.

Also there is a difference in the Security Systems, 97-99 had a different system from the 00-01 systems... so be carefull which ones you get.. .

I looked at a friends 99 Catera and his key had a chip inside that was twice the size of the one in my car!...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.