Pre-Facelift Projector Headlights?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Pre-Facelift Projector Headlights? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys. I have a pair of stock projector headlights from my 2001 cat, but i want projectors for my ...
    AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Pre-Facelift Projector Headlights?

Hey guys. I have a pair of stock projector headlights from my 2001 cat, but i want projectors for my 99cat sport. Is there any way to take the "intrenal projector asse." out of the old one to put into my new headlight asse? I know the WHOLE assem are not interchangeable. If not, anyone k now the cheapest place to find projectors for 97-99 cats? Did any early-year cats come optional with them or will i have to order them from cross seas? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

Re: Pre-Facelift Projector Headlights?

Yes, it's possible. I've taken apart my headlights twice and sealed them up with no problem. You could remove the internal reflectors and replace them with the projectors. If i lived near your or something like that i could do it myself. Simple switch but they may not be exactly swappable. I bet they are but only one way to find out. If you're willing to ship them to me i would do it for a small fee or even free. Hell i've always wondered if someone was thinking the same thing. One problem is that the 97-99 OEM lights have the light patter spreader on the lense. I'd love to swap them for you but hey whatever you want to do!

Warez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Why can't you just swap the lights?

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Pre-facelift(97-99) and the facelift(00-01) headlight assemblies are not interchangeable. That's what i'm told at least. They are sold separate too so i'm pretty sure everyone knows what they're talking about. =/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.