Electrical! FOG Light turning off?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Electrical! FOG Light turning off? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just resently noticed that my fog lights would turn off after a few minutes of being on... Has anyone ...
    CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Question Electrical! FOG Light turning off?

I just resently noticed that my fog lights would turn off after a few minutes of being on...

Has anyone else seen this kind of issue? I turn them on and 2-3min later they turn off.. and if you wait lets say 15 min you can turn them back on and they will light up again... and go out in 2-3 min... seems like something is heating up somewhere and shutting off to prevent damage? Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadi Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

Re: Electrical! FOG Light turning off?

Have you checked the multifunction switch? Mine did that when the solder joint cracked. The joints expand and contract with heat and cooling. Maybe something you might want to check.

I thought you did a how to on that with some pictures, would you mind sending that link to me so I can take a look at the issue?

Thanks man. This weekend I will be doing a High Beam/DRL HID conversion with Relay and D2S bulbs with H7 adapters, and I will have a how to early next week....

lakesidepark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

I had the same problem and the same fix (cold solder joint). I'm pretty skilled with the solder gun so I just went thru and re-soldered any connection on the back of the multifunction module PC board that looked suspect. No problems since (and much cheaper than an $87.99 replacement).

Cadi Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

Here's the link

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...roblems-2.html

It's a really easy fix. Getting to it is the only hard part but not too bad. Beats whatever the dealer charges.

Talking Re: Electrical! FOG Light turning off?

Issue FIXED! it was the K34 Switch as described in one of the posts on here... there was a solder that had cracked and the thing was heating up like crazy... so I resoldered everything and it works like a charm now!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.