Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Oil Filter Leak

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BlackonBlackCatera 
#1 ·
Hello, after changing the oil on the Catera i noticed it was leaking where the lid and the oil filter canister screws together. I have changed the oil filter many times before and always wondered why there isnt a seal between the lid and the canister but never had this problem. Has anyone here had this problem and what did you you do to stop the leak? thanks

#2 ·
I had this problem a week ago. Tho valvoline changed mine for me. What was weird is that it took almost a week for this to happen. One morning I went out to start my car and decided to check the air pressure in my tires. Once I got back around to the front of my car I noticed a puddle of oil on the ground. It looked like a couple quarts at least. So I panicked and ran to shut it off. It was leaking through the cap. So First things first I went out to buy a new filter and some oil and install the new one on with the new seal. Been fine ever since. I'm thinking they pinched the seal but can't figure out why it took a week to leak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.